  Carlo Gambacorti: DIAG: 2 messages + editor note (please LOOK at it)

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: DIAG: 2 messages + editor note (please LOOK at it)
From: Carlo Gambacorti <GAMBACORTI@ICIL64.CILEA.IT>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 08:27:22 +0000

           HUM-MOLGEN  DIAGnostics/Clinical Research

This DIAG message contains 3 submessage(s):

1)        Familial Neuroblastoma Linkage Project

2)        Familial papillary thyroid carcinoma

3)        Message from the Editor

  Carlo Gambacorti MD, Editor,
  Human Molecular Genetics network
  Diagnostics/Clinical Research Section

We are interested in the molecular genetics of familial neuroblastoma and have
an IRB approved protocol for specimen procurement and linkage analysis.

We would appreciate being notified of any patients/families that meet any of the
following criteria and whom might be interested in providing a blood sample
(archival tumor specimens useful also):

1.  Proband with one or more first degree relative with neuroblastoma,
ganglioneuroblastoma or ganglioneuroma.

2.  Proband affected with and/or with one or more first degree relative with
Hirschsprung disease or hypoventilation syndrome.

3.  Neuroblastoma patients with any other co-morbid condition (congenital
malformations, mental retardation, etc.).

We will be happy to provide additional information.  Furthermore, we will send
copies of consent and specimen procurement forms at your request.

Thank you.

John M. Maris, MD
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
fax:  215-590-3770
voice: 215 590-5242
email: maris@email.chop.edu

Dear Colleagues,

our group at the International Agency for Research on Cancer
(IARC) at Lyon, France is setting up a project for the
identification of predisposing gene(s) for familiar papillary
thyroid carcinoma (PTC) by linkage analyses. For this purpose we
are organizing an international consortium.
Are you currently following families with recurrence of PTC or
do you know of any colleague who might have seen such families?
For this project we are interested in blood samples or DNA from
at least two affected individuals in the same family. Upon your
answer we will send you the protocol of this study, including a
clinical questionnaire and the information for blood collection
and shipment of this and/or other biological material. Thank you
very much in advance for your cooperation.
For further information please contact:

Dr. G. Romeo
International Agency
for Research on Cancer
150, Cours Albert-Thomas
F-69372 LYON Cedex 08
France

Fax: +33 72738575
Tel: +33 72738512
E-mail: romeo@iarc.fr

     From march 16 to may 1, 1996, this section will be managed by Bob
Resta, HMGN new Associate Editor.

     We are interested in getting feedbacks from previous postings;
therefore we invite all persons who posted messages inside this section, to e-
mail to us the following information:
1.   one or more key-words appearing in their message;
2.   the number of replies received;
3.   whether they consider this number as adequate or not.
4.   whether they would like to have the message displayed on HMGN web
     site for 3 months (thus more people could look at them).

This information is important (especially to question #4) to continue to improve
our service.
Thanks. Carlo Gambacorti MD