  Robert Resta: DIAG (5 messages with 2 Patient Requests)

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: DIAG (5 messages with 2 Patient Requests)
From: Robert Resta <bc928@scn.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 07:14:32 -0800

The following messages have been submitted to the DIAG Section of
HUM-MOLGEN. Replies to Patient Requests should be sent directly to
HUM-MOLGEN. All other replies can be sent to the originators of the
messages. These messages are also posted at our Website
(http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/).

(1)
Subject: mucopolysaccharidosis I-S & VI
REPLY DIRECTLY TO HUM-MOLGEN
Apparent Patient Location: United States

I am a carrier of MPS I-S and MPS VI. I am of English background and
unrelated to one another. What is the incidence of carriers of MPS I-S and
MPS VI in the United States? What is the carrier frequency in someone of
Hungarian, European and English background? How early can prenatal testing
be done? My daughter has a 66% of also being a carrier. I have reviewed
OMIM, but I have yet to find real statistics.

Can anyone provide me with answers to some or all of my questions?
(2)