  Hans Goerl: ANNO: New Meetings and Workshops

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: ANNO: New Meetings and Workshops
From: Hans Goerl <GENETHICS@delphi.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 11:13:37 -0500

           HUM-MOLGEN New Meetings and Workshops

This mail summarizes new announcements of meetings and workshops
listed recently at our WWW

http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/
http://linkage.rockefeller.edu/hum-molgen/

Thanks for your interest.

Frank S. Zollmann
(Frank.Zollmann@medizin.uni-rostock.de)

RECENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

Since the last ANNO: New Meetings & Workshops summary we have received
these new announcements of meetings and workshops:

1) July 14-25, 1997
   38th Annual Short Course
   Medical and Experimental Mammalian Genetics
   Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine
   education@aretha.jax.org

   The course is conducted by faculty from The Jackson Laboratory
   and The Johns Hopkins University, with faculty from other institutions.

   The course is supported by the March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation
   and the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH.

   Co-directors: Victor A. McKusick, M.D.; John C. Schimenti, Ph.D.; and
   David Valle, M.D.

   Topics covered in 52 hours of lectures include chromosome structure and
   function, molecular genetics, biochemical genetics, population genetics,
   genetics of complex traits, developmental genetics, neurogenetics,
   clinical genetics, and gene therapy; 22 hours of workshops cover
   molecular genetics, cytogenetics, principles of patient evaluation and
   management, computers in the management of genetic data and in genome
   analysis, linkage analysis, transgenic and "knock-out" methods, and mouse
    models.  A medical genetics clinic with presentation of patients is a

   regular feature.

   Enrollment is limited to 120 participants.  Inquiries or applications
   should be made to: 1997 Courses and Meetings,
                      The Jackson Laboratory;
                      phone (207) 288 - 6262; fax (207) 288 - 6080;
                      Email: education@aretha.jax.org;

2. September 24-26, 1997
   Announcement and Call for Papers
   4th International Symposium on Brain Dysfunction +
   International Prize (10,000 USD) - Neurogenetic Disease: From Molecule to
Patient
   Oasi Institute for Research on Mental Retardation and Brain Aging,
Troina, Sicily, Italy
   rferri@oasi.en.it

3. SEPTEMBER 1997
   FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT -- CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
   INTERLEUKIN-10 WORKSHOP
   UNIVERSITY OF GLASGOW, GLASGOW ROYAL INFIRMARY
   gqva12@udcf.gla.ac.uk

4. 29 June - 1 July 1997
   CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
   6th International PERSPECTIVES ON PROTEIN ENGINEERING
   John Innes Centre, Norwich, Norfolk, UK
   biodigm@dial.pipex.com

5. June 1-3, 1997
   9th Annual Meeting of the National Agricultural Biotechnology Council
   Resource Management in Challenged Environments
   University of Saskatchewan, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon,
Saskatchewan, Canada
   NABC@cornell.edu

6. May 22-24 1997
   Call for papers
   Neuromuscular Disorders in Childhood
   Departments of Pathology and Pediatrics at Goeteborg University, Sweden
   NLNS@swefair.se

7. April 30 - May 2, 1997
   2nd National Symposium : BASIC ASPECTS OF VACCINES
   The Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), Washington, DC,
   Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS), Bethesda,
MD    symposium@wrair-emh1.army.mil

8. April 17, 1997
   SYMPOSIUM ANNOUNCEMENT
   "Molecular Medicine and Inherited Diseases: Retrospections and Outlook"
   University of Zurich, Zurich
   asuperti@kispi.unizh.ch

9. April 7-9, 1997
   Fourth Annual Conference
   Nuclear Oncology: From Genotype to Patient Care
   Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland USA
   cmenet@som.adm.jhu.edu

10. March 19-21, 1997
    Biochemistry / Immunology: 2nd Meeting
    Proteasome and Related Complexes
    University Blaise Pascal - Clermont Ferrand, Clermont Ferrand - France
    briand@cicsun.univ-bpclermont.fr

11. 3/2/97 - 3/3/97
    Genetic Counseling: Announcement
    Neurogenetics Short Course
    National Society of Genetic Counselors, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    NSGC@aol.com

12. February 27-28, 1997
    Third Annual
    Genetic Screening and Diagnosis of Human Diseases
    Cambridge Healthtech Institute , San Francisco, California
    chi@healthtech.com

13. February 24-26, 1997
    Fourth Annual Human Genome Project:
    Commercial Implications conference
    Cambridge Healthtech Institute, San Francisco, California
    chi@healthtech.com

14. 02/13/97-02/16/97 and Virtual Conference is 03/04/97-03/14/97
    Conference Announcement
    9th Lorne Cancer Conference and Virtual Conference
    Lorne Cancer Conference Inc and AACR, Lorne, Victoria, Australia
    jacqui@austin.unimelb.edu.au

15. 9-13 February
    First Announcement
    1997 Lorne (Australia) Conference on Protein Structure and Function
    Lorne Protein Structure and Function Committee , Lorne, Australia
    lindsays@mel.dbe.csiro.au

16. February 3-7, 1997
    WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT
    POLYMERASE CHAIN REACTION METHODOLOGY
    University of Innsbruck, Institute of General & Experimental Pathology
    workshop@DNAtech.com

| HUM-MOLGEN - Internet Communication Forum in Human Genetics        |
| E-mail: HUM-MOLGEN@nic.surfnet.nl                                  |
| WWW:    http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/           |

|         http://linkage.rockefeller.edu/hum-molgen/                 |
| Phone: 020-566 4598 (The Netherlands), (206) 386-2101 (USA)        |
| Fax: 020-691 6521   (The Netherlands), (206) 386-2555 (USA)        |