Specialist- Proteomics Facility
King Abullah University of Science and Technology
Bioscience Core Laboratory
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
We are looking for two specialists in Mass Spectrometry with experience in Metabolomics and / or Proteomics. You will be joining an international team of Scientists at the Shores of the Red Sea in an exciting and vibrant University
Position Summary: Responsible for accurate processing of lab work including organization and documentation of experiments, thereby contributing substantially to the success of projects. Works within guidelines from lab manager and scientists.
1. Processing of workflows according to protocols.
2. Accurate documentation of facts / results related to the success of the workflow and provide feedback to lab manager according to process.
3. Organization of own lab work according to guidelines from lab manager.
4. Co-working with other technicians and scientists or other persons.
5. Willingness to be trained on other methods / lab practices.
6. Interfaces with Others Internal: technicians, scientists, lab manager External: support or service from system vendors.
1. High degree of technical competence & confidence and ability to run experiments.
2. High degree of technical knowledge about systems and experience with LC/MS (LTQ-Orbitrap, TripleTOF, MaXis Q-TOF etc.) in identification/quantification of small molecules, proteins and protein post-translational modifications as well as the ability to use bioinformatic tools to analyze large-scale data.
3. Has the ability to quickly learn and develop new laboratory skills.
4. Good communication skills.
5. Fluent English language skills - oral and written.
Required: • BSc in Laboratory Science / MSc or PhD in Biology/Chemistry. • 2-5 years of relevant laboratory working experience is required. Degree: Bachelors; Associates; Equivalent Experience; Field of Study: Industry: Academic/Research Institution; Job Roles: Area(s) of Expertise: Bio-analysis; HPLC; LC-MS; Proteomics;
Salary: GENEROUS SALARY AND BENEFITS
Open from: June 2014
Type of employment: Full Time