Senior Research Chemist—Analytical Chemistry
A global contract research organization specializing in ecotoxicology, environmental fate and analytical services to the agroscience, pharmaceutical, and industrial chemical industries. This organization was established in 1976 and is a leader in conducting GLP studies to meet global regulatory requirements for the testing of agrochemicals, industrial chemicals, pharmaceutical, biocides and animal health products.
Scope of the Job
As principal investigator or study director, the incumbent will coordinate and conduct residue studies for the registration of pesticides according to GLP and international government regulations.
- Develop and validate residue methods for pesticides and their metabolites in plants, animals, and environmental matrices
- Write/edit detailed comprehensive reports and evaluation of complex data subject to quality review.
- Supervise, train, coach and develop junior personnel.
- Communicate with clients, external and internal collaborators.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in analytical chemistry or related science, or B.S./B.A. (chemistry preferred) with 5+ years of directly applicable work experience. Equivalent combination of related education and required work experience will be considered.
- Expertise in quantification using chromatographic separations with detection using mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS, etc.).
- Experience as GLP study director for EPA guidelines studies in the agrochemical field.
- In depth and up-to-date knowledge in field of expertise. Familiarity with the pesticide development process.
- Know and understand applicable national and state regulations, with the ability to apply these practices daily.
- Ability to use a computer utilizing the appropriate software.
- General benchtop chemistry
- Knowledge of EPA OCCSP 830and /or 860 series testing guidelines a distinct advantage