  Carlo Gambacorti MD, National Cancer Institute, Milan - Italy: DIAG: 5 PATIENT REQUESTS

To: HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: DIAG: 5 PATIENT REQUESTS
From: "Carlo Gambacorti MD, National Cancer Institute, Milan - Italy" <gambacorti@istitutotumori.mi.it>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:17:34 +0200
Posted-Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 15:17:34 +0200

           HUM-MOLGEN  DIAGnostics/Clinical Research

This DIAG message contains 5  PATIENT REQUEST(s):

1)  Information on CADASIL
2)  Information on CADASIL
3)  Information on DNA
4)  Information on CADASIL
5)  Information on Kennedy Syndrome

Rick Martin MD, Assistant Editor,
Human Molecular Genetics Network
Diagnostics/Clinical Research Section

Carlo Gambacorti MD, Editor
Human Molecular Genetics Network
Diagnostics/Clinical Research Section

1)    Information on  CADASIL

After having read an article "Informative crossover refines mapping of
the CADASIL disease locus" by The Department of Neurology,
Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich, Germany (sept. 1995)
I would be pleased to know  the most up-to-date diagnostic procedures
concerning CADASIL and
where an eventual  neurogenetic determination could be made.

APPARENT PATIENT LOCATION - Germany
PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO HUMAN MOLECULAR GENETICS
NETWORK

2)  Information on CADASIL

Hello,

My sister-in-law has been diagnosis with Cadasil and is progressing
with
the disease rather fast.  She lives in Idaho and have four sons.  Any
information on treatment or genectic research would be greatly
appreciated.

APPARENT PATIENT LOCATION - United States
PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO HUMAN MOLECULAR GENETICS
NETWORK

3)  Information on DNA

The military wants my DNA and I don't want to give it to them.  What are
my options to protect myself?  Thank You

Note:  I have 10 months left of the Military

APPARENT PATIENT LOCATION - United States
PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO HUMAN MOLECULAR GENETICS
NETWORK

4) I would like to receive information on this condition.  And would
appreciate it if you could steer me in the right direction.  My
brother-in-law was recently diagnosed with this condition.  Thanking you
in advance for any help you can give.

APPARENT PATIENT LOCATION - USA
PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO HUMAN MOLECULAR GENETICS
NETWORK

5)   Information on  Kennedy

We're two girls from Spain who are looking for information on Kennedy's
syndrome. A close relative of ours has been diagnosed with it, and no
one seems to know too much about it here.

We would like to ask if there is any possibility of a cure, or if there is
any hospital or research center in the world we can address to find out
more about the disease, treatments, etc.

We would be very thankful for any help that can be provided, and would
appreciate a few hints on where to start searching. If you would be so
kind as to contact us.

APPARENT PATIENT LOCATION - SPAIN
PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO HUMAN MOLECULAR GENETICS
NETWORK

 HUM-MOLGEN - Internet Communication Forum in Human Genetics

 E-mail: HUM-MOLGEN@nic.surfnet.nl
 WWW: http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/

 Phone: 020-566 4598 (The Netherlands), (206) 386-2101 (USA)
 Fax:   020-691 6521 (The Netherlands), (206) 386-2555 (USA)

"copyright HUM-MOLGEN"