  Bergen (ioi): CALL: various May 1997

To: HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: CALL: various May 1997
From: "Bergen (ioi)" <A.A.BERGEN@AMC.UVA.NL>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 13:24:02 +0200

New CALLs!

The CALL section is open for requests and offers of information,
collaboration, help, finding persons or telephone numbers (NOT related
to diagnostic issues or patient requests), out-of print books and all other
kinds of non-trivial information-exchange.

You can reach over 4250 of your colleagues, and on average you may
expect up to twenty replies to a single message. This service is
absolutely FREE of charge. Help yourself by helping your colleagues!

-Please send high quality messages only, including full name, address
 and purpose.
-Please use the appropraite TOPIC subject heading in your message.
-Please state non-trivial questions only.
-Please reply by private E-mail only, unless your request is of
 general interest to the entire HUM-MOLGEN community

Other messages may be refused without further notification.

Good CALLs!!

Ann Schofield
Arthur Bergen

(CALL editors)

THIS CALL CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING MESSAGES:

1)      Angiotension variants and polymorphisms associated with hypertension.
2)      Cornelia DeLange Syndrome (Branchmann-deLange syndrome) info. request.
3)      Association of Wilm's tumour and isolated aniridia.
4)      Pagets disease of bone cDNA library request.
5)      4q21 abnormalities - request for collaborations
6)      Beals syndrome collaboration request
7)      P53 positive cells - request for control
8)      Clinical management of brain tumours - web sites

1) Dear colleagues,

I am a research scholar in the Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynaecology & my
project is on Angiotensinogen variants and polymorphisms
associated with hypertension. I'm seeking info on any association studies
done on angiotensinogen and the M235T /T174M variants in pregnant
hypertensives or any other polymorphisms in the angiotensinogen gene of
interest.

Thank you,
vasanthi.

Dr Vasanthi Krishna
Research scholar
Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
National University Hospital
National University of Singapore
5, Lower kent ridge road
SINGAPORE-119074.

E-mail :
medp5047@leonis.nus.sg

2) I am writing an article on Cornelia DeLange Syndrome (also called
Brachmann-deLange syndrome) for The Scientist. The angle will be "anatomy of a
gene search." I need to contact researchers doing linkage work and any other
genetic research on this condition. I am a science writer with a PhD in
genetics. Many thanks!

Ricki Lewis
76715.3517@compuserve.com
        OR
hippolewis@aol.com

3) Dear Colleagues,

I am a clinician at the Department of Paediatrics, Kuala Lumpur Hospital,
Malaysia and a researcher at the Division of Molecular Pathology,
Institute for Medical Research, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I am interested to know the risk of Wilm's tumour in patients with
isolated aniridia (with normal chromosomes at 400 band resolution).  What
is/are the molecular genetic abnormality in such a condition?  Is the AN2
gene involved in most of these cases?  Would trying to look for deletions
at the WAGR locus particularly the AN2 locus and defining the extent
of deletions at molecular level (eg. by looking for loss of
heterozygosity of microsatellites) be useful?  Are there articles in this
area?

Thanks.

Dr. Alan Khoo
Division of Molecular Pathology
Institute for Medical Research
Jalan Pahang
50588 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Fax: +60-3-2938306
E-mail: alankhoo@imr.gov.my

4) This is a general enquiry to see if anyone has made,
or has access to a cDNA library constructed from individuals with
Pagets disease of bone.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Jason Kennedy

   University of Manchester
   Bone Disease Research Centre
   Department of Rheumatology
   Stopford Building
   Oxford Road
   Manchester
   M13 9PT
   UK

   email    : moigajak@fs2.scg.man.ac.uk
   telehone : 0161 275 5435
   Fax      : 0161 275 5272

5) mgodfrey@unmc.edu (Maurice Godfrey) sent the following comments:

We are interested in receiving cells from patients with 4q21 region
deletions, translocations, or inversions.  All our studies will, of course,
be collaborative.

This project has IRD approval.

Maurice Godfrey, Ph.D.
University of Nebraska Medical Center
600 S. 42nd Street
Omaha, NE  68198  USA
TEL (402)559-9197
FAX (402)559-7248
6) This message was originally submitted  by
cidi@IPV36.UNIPV.IT to the
HUM-MOLGEN  list at NIC.SURFNET.NL.

I have seen for genetic counselling a family with Beals Syndrome,
congenital contractural arachnodactyly.
We have stored DNA from the propositus,his parents, 4 sibs of the mother,
and the maternal grandmother.
In addition to the propositus,his mother and a maternal aunt showed the
same symptoms.
I am interested in collaboration to study this family  at the moecular level.
Sincerely
Cesare Danesino
          Prof. Cesare Danesino, MD
          Dip. Patologia Umana ed Ereditaria, Universita di Pavia
          Via Forlanini 14, 27100 Pavia, Italy
          Phone (+39) 382 507 519       Fax (+39) 382 525 030
E-mail cidi@ipv36.unipv.it

14) We are trying to start testing for P53 mutations in our lymphoma
pateints and we are wondering if somebody can supply some positive cells
for us as a positive control.

Thank You

Dr. A. Galal
ahgallal@cast.navnet.net
8) This  message  was originally  submitted  by
egalicia@KULOG.UPM.EDU.PH to  the
HUM-MOLGEN list at  NIC.SURFNET.NL.

Dear Sir,

May I inquire on possible websites I can visit to review the most recent
consensus on the role of molecular biology in the clinical management of
brain tumors?
Thank you and I will anticipate/look forward to  your response.

Sincerely,

Dr. Elaine Z. Galicia
Fellow
Pediatric Neurology Section
UP-PGH, Dept. of Pediatrics

Dr. Arthur A.B. Bergen
Department of Ophthalmogenetics
The Netherlands Ophthalmic Research Institute (IOI)
Royal Academy of Sciences of the Netherlands (KNAW)

** Snail-mail: **           ** FAX: **             ** E-mail: **

P.O.Box 12141               (+31)206916521         A.Bergen@IOI.KNAW.NL
1100 AC  Amsterdam
The Netherlands