  Agnes Tay: DIAG: 4 messages, 3 pt requests

To: HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: DIAG: 4 messages, 3 pt requests
From: Agnes Tay <mcbtayhn@leonis.nus.sg>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 08:06:24 +1410

           HUM-MOLGEN  DIAGnostics/Clinical Research

This DIAG message contains  4 submessage(s),  3 patient requests:

1. Genetic Pituitary Cell Transplantation

2. Huntington's Disease--Pt Request

3. Chromosome 11q--Pt request

4. Inoperable Astrocytoma--Pt Request

Carlo Gambacorti MD, Editor,            Agnes Tay, MD PhD, Asst Editor
Human Molecular Genetics Network
Diagnostics/Clinical Research Section

1. Genetic Pituitary Cell Transplantation

Dear Sir/Madam:

I have established a pituitary cell transplantation model
utilizing immunoisolation technique-microencapsulation.I am
planning further study on genetic engineering pituitary
hormone secrating cell transplantation and looking for
a suitable Lab. for cooperation.

Dr. Z.P. Chen
McGill Univ.
email: cxzc@musica.mcgill.ca (Z.P. Chen)
2. Huntington's Disease--Pt Request
Apparent Pt Location: Germany
PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO HUM-MOLGEN

Please just some questions about the progress in searching about HD.
The disease happens  within the family of my husband - he got the the
result of the carriership in summer 1995. For this time we're waiting and
looking hopeful to the search in the USA and Japan.

Is  there any progresss or could there be a hope for stopping this deasease?

Please let us know if there's success in search anyway.

3. Chromosome 11q

Hello,
Our daughter, born Dec. 6, 1980, has a partial trisomy chromsome 11q
(11q13.11 to 11q23.1).
We are looking for other children with anomalies on chromosome 11q; you can
find more information at this website:
http//www.worldaccess.nl/~avbetuw/home.htm
As you can imagine, having a European network, we are especially interested
in European families. We are planning a conference in the Netherlands in
1998.
Further we are looking for as much scientific information as
possible about chromosome 11q.
If you want to know more (and there is a lot to talk about), please send a mail.

Best wishes, Annet van Betuw, Wageningen, the Netherlands
email: avbetuw@worldaccess.nl

4. Inoperable Astrocytoma--Pt Request
Apparent patient location: UK
PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO HUM-MOLGEN

My 33 year old wife has a grade II astrocytoma which has jsut returned.
She's being very couraheous but had radiotheraphy 5 years ago for the
tumour. On If anyone has or can give details of clinical trials using any
new drug with little or no side effect could they please help us.