  Bergen (ioi): CALL: various dec 1996

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: CALL: various dec 1996
From: "Bergen (ioi)" <A.A.BERGEN@AMC.UVA.NL>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 10:12:10 +0100

New CALLs for collaboration, information, offers for assistence, etc!

Please send high quality messages only related to human genetics and
molecular biology. Other or low quality messages are not transmitted without
further notification. Please respond by private E-mail only.

Good CALLs!

Arthur Bergen
(owner HUM-MOLGEN)

From: A. Bergen
Bergen@ioi.knaw.nl
concerns: sponsorprogram HUM-MOLGEN

As of the 1st of Januari 1997, HUM-MOLGEN started a sponsor-program to
maintain, preserve and extend it's services to the community.
Since we are a non-profit organisation run primarily by volunteers, we do
not intend to make money out of HUM-MOLGEN. However, we have some costs
that need to be covered, including administrative support, WWW and E-mail
maintenance, editorial meetings, etc. Support from government bodies for
this type of service is hard to get, primarily because HUM-MOLGEN has no
real primary roots in any one country or continent.
Fortunately, a number of companies, including Qiagen, Cherwell
Scientific, Cilea have entered our sponsor-program, while non-financial
support has, amongst others, been obtained from Oxford University Press,
Karger, Cold Spring Harbour Laboratory Press.
While HUM-MOLGEN will remain an 'exclusive' non-profit and free network,
not covered with logo's, adds etc, we need yet some additional support to
secure the network's immediate future.

So, if you, your company, hospital, or research institute can help out,
please contact us for details of the sponsor-program.

Thanks in advance

Arthur Bergen
Bergen@ioi.knaw.nl

amaggio@cdc.it (Aurelio Maggio) sent the following comments:

Dr. A. Maggio
Servizio Talassemia, Unita' di Ricerca "Piera Cutino", V. Cervello Hospital
pital ,Palermo (Italy).

Our group has been working on thalassemia and cystic fibrosis for
long time. We have set up different molecular genetic tests, including
 reverse dot blot analysis to detect several of these mutations.
Now, we are interested on developing a reliable test for tubercolosis
and we are looking for a collaboration with groups that are studying
this field.

Thank you,
Dr. A. Maggio

Server protocol: HTTP/1.0
Remote host: tipa30.vol.it
Remote IP address: 194.166.52.162

From:          "Angela Scheuerle, M.D." <ascheuer@PED1.MED.UTH.TMC.EDU>
Subject:       Teaching Genetics

Good Afternoon,

In a never-ending attempt to make genetics interesting to medical students,
I find myself in search of various trivia.  Currently, I'm trying to
collect a list of genetic diseases or phenomena that naturally affect
animals.  (This would not include genetically engineered animals like
knock-out mice).  For example: calico cats as a demonstration of
Lyonization, twin-twin tranfusion in cows resulting in immune tolerance, or
hypouricemia in dalmations.  Life Magazine did a nice piece on genetic
diseases in dogs a while back, and I have that.  Does anybody know of any
other diseases/situations/phenomena that I could add to this list?

Thanks!

Angela E. Scheuerle, M.D.
Assistant Professor
Division of Medical Genetics
Department of Pediatrics
UT Health Science Center - Houston
6431 Fannin, MSB 3.144
Houston TX  77030
ascheuer@ped1.med.uth.tmc.edu

Dear dr. Bergen,

Could you deliver following message to the subscribers of HUM-MOLGEN

We are looking for cooperation on X-linked West syndrome. We have identified a
candidate region in two families with this syndrome. If anyone has families
in which several brothers are affected with West syndrome, or a boy and his
maternal uncle, we would be very happy to cooperate.

Please contact:
Stephan.Claes@med.kuleuven.ac.be

Thank you very much.

If somebody is offering genetic testing for breast cancer, please contact me.
Thank you

Dr Elena Kontogianni
elkont@hol.gr
REPLY TO PREVIOUS MESSAGE

From:          Giuseppe Novelli <novelli@UTOVRM.IT>

To Jeff weaver:
The viability of Mono-21 is virtually zero for true monosomy.Most cases
reported as mono-21 are probably mosaics in which the proportion of euploid
cells has been only little investigated. In practice a surviving infant
with mono-21 should be evaluated for the percentage of euploid cells and
viability is greatly related to the proportion of euploid cells and
to the presence of visceral defects.
Bruno Dallapiccola & Giuseppe Novelli

The following message has recently been sent to the Gateway Kiosk's =
Life-Link Search
Topic Board (http://mcrcr4.med.nyu.edu/~murphp01/lifelink.htm) on the =
Rare Genetic Diseases In Children web site.  As it is particularly
poignant and urgent I pass it on the
members of these lists. If you can help this person in any way, please =
respond directly to her email address below.

I would also recommend to anyone with knowledge of genetic diseases, =
either personally or professionally, to take time to look through the
large list of messages on the Gateway Kiosk.  Most all are sent from
families and individuals in need of support, help and guidance with their
children's special needs.

Thank you and Happy New Year to all.

Sincerely,

Paul Murphy
pmurf@ix.netcom.com
Rare Genetic Diseases In Children: An Internet Resource Gateway
http://mcrcr4.med.nyu.edu/~murphp01/homenew.htm

For assistance from the list manager, please write to:
                  gendisease-j-request@sjuvm.stjohns.edu

From:          Jingde Zhu <gpma66@UDCF.GLA.AC.UK>
Subject:       Monoclonal antibodies services

Hi!
I am looking for a company that will provide the monoclonal antibody
services.  Please let me know if anyone has such a information.

Yours Sincerely

Jingde Zhu