  Frank S. Zollmann: LITE: Genes & Development 10:9,10

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: LITE: Genes & Development 10:9,10
From: "Frank S. Zollmann" <Frank.Zollmann@rz.uni-rostock.de>
Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 13:18:06 +0200

Genes & Development
Volume 10:9
May 1, 1996
CONTENTS

Minireview

Inositols do it all
Philip W. Majerus 1051

Review

p53: puzzle and paradigm
Linda J. Ko and Carol Prives 1054

Research papers

The Caenorhabditis elegans cell-death protein CED-3 is a cysteine protease
with substrate specificities similar to those of the human CPP32 protease
Ding Xue, Shai Shaham, and H. Robert Horvitz 1073

p150Ship, a signal transduction molecule with inositol
polyphosphate-5-phosphatase activity
Mario N. Lioubin, Paul A. Algate, Schickwann Tsai, Kristen Carlberg, Ruedi
Aebersold, and Larry R. Rohrschneider 1084

ADD1/SREBP1 promotes adipocyte differentiation and gene expression linked to
fatty acid metabolism
Jae B. Kim and Bruce M. Spiegelman 1096

Pollux, a novel Drosophila adhesion molecule, belongs to a family of
proteins expressed in plants, yeast, nematodes, and man
Shang-Ding Zhang, Judith Kassis, Bjorn Olde, Dervla M. Mellerick, and Ward
F. Odenwald 1108

Posterior patterning by the Caenorhabditis elegans even-skipped homolog vab-7
Julie Ahringer 1120

Activation of transcription in Drosophila embryos is a gradual process
mediated by the nucleocytoplasmic ratio
David K. Pritchard and Gerold Schubiger 1131

The RNA-binding protein HF-I, known as a host factor for phage Qbeta RNA
replication, is essential for rpoS translation in Escherichia coli
Andrea Muffler, Daniela Fischer, and Regine Hengge-Aronis 1143

Restriction of the activity of the recombination site dif to a small zone of
the Escherichia coli chromosome
François Cornet, Jacqueline Louarn, Josette Patte, and Jean-Michel Louarn 1152

Use of a transposon (Tndif) to obtain suppressing and nonsuppressing
insertions of the dif resolvase site of Escherichia coli
Peter Kuempel, Andrias Høgaard, Mette Nielsen, Olagappan Nagappan, and
Marianne Tecklenburg 1162

Genes & Development
Volume 10:10
May 15, 1996
CONTENTS

Research papers

MyoD is required for myogenic stem cell function in adult skeletal muscle
Lynn A. Megeney, Boris Kablar, Kerryn Garrett, Judy E. Anderson, and Michael
A. Rudnicki 1173

The c-ros tyrosine kinase receptor controls regionalization and
differentiation of epithelial cells in the epididymis
Eva Sonnenberg-Riethmacher, Barbara Walter, Dieter Riethmacher, Stephanie
Gödecke, and Carmen Birchmeier 1184

Patterning of cells in the Drosophila eye by Lozenge, which shares
homologous domains with AML1
Andrea Daga, Chris A. Karlovich, Karin Dumstrei, and Utpal Banerjee 1194

RBF, a novel RB-related gene that regulates E2F activity and interacts with
cyclin E in Drosophila
Wei Du, Marc Vidal, Jing-Er Xie, and Nicholas Dyson 1206

The XPB and XPD DNA helicases are components of the p53-mediated apoptosis
pathway
Xin Wei Wang, Wim Vermeulen, Jill D. Coursen, Michael Gibson, Shawn E.
Lupold, Kathleen Forrester, Guowei Xu, Lynne Elmore, Heidi Yeh, Jan H.J.
Hoeijmakers, and Curtis C. Harris 1219

A protein that shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm is an
important mediator of RNA export
Margaret S. Lee, Michael Henry, and Pamela A. Silver 1233

Repression domain of the yeast global repressor Tup1 interacts directly with
histones H3 and H4
Diane G. Edmondson, M. Mitchell Smith, and Sharon Y. Roth 1247

Promoter specificity mediates the independent regulation of neighboring genes
Christopher Merli, David E. Bergstrom, Jennifer A. Cygan, and Ronald K.
Blackman 1260

Intracellular receptors use a common mechanism to interpret signaling
information at response elements
D. Barry Starr, William Matsui, Jay R. Thomas, and Keith R. Yamamoto 1271

Ptx1, a bicoid-related homeo box transcription factor involved in
transcription of the pro-opiomelanocortin gene
Thomas Lamonerie, Jacques J. Tremblay, Christian Lanctôt, Marc Therrien,
Yves Gauthier, and Jacques Drouin 1284

Erratum 1296

NOTES

1.      Tables of contents for Genes & Development from
        January 1996 to the latest issue can be found on the
        HUM-MOLGEN web site at:-

http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/journals/GD/

2.      Abstracts for the papers listed above will shortly be
        available at the CSHL World Wide Web site.
        Simply go to the Genes & Development home page at:-

http://www.sheridan.com:443/cshl/journals/gnd/

  |   HUM-MOLGEN  -  Internet Communication Forum in Human Genetics    |
  |   E-mail:   HUM-MOLGEN@nic.surfnet.nl                              |
  |   WWW:      http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/       |
  |   Phone:    020-566 4598 (The Netherlands),  (206) 386-2101 (USA)  |
  |   Fax:      020-691 6521 (The Netherlands),  (206) 386-2555 (USA)  |