  Frank S. Zollmann: LITE: Genes & Development 10:7,8

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: LITE: Genes & Development 10:7,8
From: "Frank S. Zollmann" <Frank.Zollmann@rz.uni-rostock.de>
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 15:28:37 +0200

Genes & Development
Volume 10:7
April 1, 1996
CONTENTS

Research papers

Selection of axial growth sites in yeast requires Axl2p, a novel plasma
membrane glycoprotein
     Terry Roemer, Kevin Madden, James Chang, and Michael Snyder 777

Bifunctional protein required for asymmetric cell division and
cell-specific transcription in Bacillus subtilis
     Andrea Feucht, Thierry Magnin, Michael D. Yudkin, and Jeffery
Errington 794

CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha (C/EBPalpha) inhibits cell
proliferation through the p21 (WAF-1/CIP-1/SDI-1) protein
     Nikolai A. Timchenko, Margie Wilde, Makoto Nakanishi, James R.
Smith, and Gretchen J.
     Darlington 804

The cdk5/p35 kinase is essential for neurite outgrowth during neuronal
differentiation
     Margareta Nikolic, Henryk Dudek, Young T. Kwon, Yolande F.M. Ramos,
and Li-Huei
     Tsai 816

Tissue-specific inactivation of p53 tumor suppression in the mouse
     Tammy Bowman, Holly Symonds, Liya Gu, Chaoying Yin, Moshe Oren, and
Terry Van
     Dyke 826

Wild-type p53 transgenic mice exhibit altered differentiation of the
ureteric bud and possess small kidneys
     Lucy A. Godley, Jeffrey B. Kopp, Michael Eckhaus, Jennifer J.
Paglino, Jennie Owens, and
     Harold E. Varmus 836

Differential effects of cdk2 and cdk3 on the control of pRb and E2F
function during G1 exit
     Francesco Hofmann and David M. Livingston 851

Functional interactions between the pelle kinase, Toll receptor, and tube
suggest a mechanism for activation of dorsal
     Jacqueline L. Norris and James L. Manley 862

CIF, an essential cofactor for TFIID-dependent initiator function
     Jörg Kaufmann, C. Peter Verrijzer, John Shao, and Stephen T. Smale
873

Multiprotein transcription factor UAF interacts with the upstream element
of the yeast RNA polymerase I promoter and forms a stable preinitiation complex
     Daniel A. Keys, Bum-Soo Lee, Jonathan A. Dodd, Toai T. Nguyen, Loan
Vu, Emmanuelle
     Fantino, Laura M. Burson, Yasuhisa Nogi, and Masayasu Nomura 887

Erratum 904

Genes & Development
Volume 10:8
April 15, 1996
CONTENTS

Review

Repression and activation by multiprotein complexes that alter chromatin
structure
     Robert E. Kingston, Christopher A. Bunker, and Anthony N. Imbalzano
905

Research papers

Drosophila IRBP/Ku p70 corresponds to the mutagen-sensitive mus309 gene
and is involved in P-element excision in vivo
     Eileen L. Beall and Donald C. Rio 921

A reversible, p53-dependent G0/G1 cell cycle arrest induced by
ribonucleotide depletion in the absence of detectable DNA damage
     Steven P. Linke, Kristie C. Clarkin, Aldo Di Leonardo, Amy Tsou, and
Geoffrey M. Wahl
     934

Productive T-cell receptor ß-chain gene rearrangement: coincident
regulation of cell cycle and clonality during development in vivo
     Eric S. Hoffman, Lorena Passoni, Tessa Crompton, Thomas M.J. Leu,
David G. Schatz, Andrew Koff, Michael J. Owen, and Adrian C. Hayday 948

TANK, a co-inducer with TRAF2 of TNF- and CD40L-mediated NF-kappaB
activation
     Genhong Cheng and David Baltimore 963

Differential activation of adipogenesis by multiple PPAR isoforms
     Regina P. Brun, Peter Tontonoz, Barry M. Forman, Ramsey Ellis,
Jasmine Chen, Ronald M. Evans, and Bruce M. Spiegelman 974

Forced expression of E-cadherin in the mouse intestinal epithelium slows
cell migration and provides evidence for nonautonomous regulation of cell
fate in a
self-renewing system
     Michelle L. Hermiston, Melissa H. Wong, and Jeffrey I. Gordon 985

A human RNA helicase-like protein, HRH1, facilitates nuclear export of
spliced mRNA by releasing the RNA from the spliceosome
     Mutsuhito Ohno and Yoshiro Shimura 997

Germ-like passage is required for establishment of methylation and
expression patterns of imprinted but not of nonimprinted genes
     Kerry Lee Tucker, Caroline Beard, Jessica Dausman, Laurie
Jackson-Grusby, Peter W. Laird, Hong Lei, En Li, and Rudolf Jaenisch 1008

Silencers are required for inheritance of the repressed state in yeast
     Scott G. Holmes and James R. Broach 1021

Requirement of a corepressor for Dr1-mediated repression of transcription
     Fred Mermelstein, Kam Yeung, Jun Cao, Juan A. Inostroza, Hediye
Erdjument-Bromage, Kathie Eagelson, David Landsman, Pat Levitt, Paul Tempst,
and Danny
Reinberg 1033

Product News 1049

NOTES

1.      Tables of contents for Genes & Development from
        January 1996 to the latest issue can be found on the
        HUM-MOLGEN web site at:-

http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/journals/GD/

2.      Abstracts for the papers listed above will shortly be
        available at the CSHL World Wide Web site.
        Simply go to the Genes & Development home page at:-

http://www.sheridan.com:443/cshl/journals/gnd/

  |   HUM-MOLGEN  -  Internet Communication Forum in Human Genetics    |
  |   E-mail:   HUM-MOLGEN@nic.surfnet.nl                              |
  |   WWW:      http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/       |
  |   Phone:    020-566 4598 (The Netherlands),  (206) 386-2101 (USA)  |
  |   Fax:      020-691 6521 (The Netherlands),  (206) 386-2555 (USA)  |