  Jurg Ott: COMP: DNA software use

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: COMP: DNA software use
From: Jurg Ott <ott@linkage.cpmc.columbia.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 10:04:18 -0400

From: Mark Featherstone <FEATHERSTONE@MEDCOR.MCGILL.CA>

We use GCG and a very old very simple microcomputer program (MacMolly) in
conjunction with the various sevices available on the web and by e-mail (blast,
retrieve etc.). We find that this is highly satisfactory. We have avoided
investing the money in more sophisticated microcomputer based programs like
DNAStar or DNAsis, since, no matter how 'pretty' the displays, they will never
have the power of GCG programs.
Mark Featherstone
McGill Cancer Centre
McGill University