  Bergen (ioi): CALL: various; Jan 1996

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: CALL: various; Jan 1996
From: "Bergen (ioi)" <A.A.Bergen@AMC.UVA.NL>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 10:11:32 +0100

Note from the editor:

A large number of new CALLs for collaborations, information and inquiries
about literature and upcoming congresses, etc; all from Jan
1996.
Please reply to these CALLs by private E-mail, unless your reply is of
general interest for the HUM-MOLGEN community.

Good CALLs !

Arthur Bergen

This  message was  originally submitted  by Dorothy_Pennachio@MEDEC.COM  to the
HUM-MOLGEN list at  NIC.SURFNET.NL.

          For two upcoming articles in Patients care magazine about
          colorectal cancer screening and one on CRC treatment, I
          would appreciate information from HUM-MOLGEN subscribers
          regarding those subjects. Patient Care is published by
          Medical Economics Co. in Montvale, N.J., and is read by
          primary care physicians nationwide. Those readers would be
          interested in learning about progress being made in the area
          of colorectal cancer genetic research. Thank you for any
          information you might send on. My address:

          dorothy_pennachio@medec.com

          or
          Dorothy Pennachio
          Senior Assoc. Editor
          Patient Care Magazine
          5 Paragon Dr.
          Montvale, NJ 07645

          (201) 358-7414
          fax: (201) 573-4625

> Dear folks,
>
> I don't find in your WWW server any announcement of the EUROPEAN
> CONGRESS of HUMAN GENETICS which will be held in LONDON 11.-13 April.
> I would be very interested to get an application form for it.
>  Can you help me ?
>
> Yours sincerely
> Peter Vogt
>

> Dr. rer. nat. habil. Peter H. Vogt
> Section Molecular Human Genetics
> Institute Human Genetics & Anthropology
> Unuversity Heidelberg
> Im Neuenheimer Feld 328
> D-69120 Heidelberg
> Germany
> FAX: (6221) 565332
> Phone: (6221) 563924
> main interests: @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
>                 genetic aspects of spermatogenesis
>                 human male infertility and ICSI
>                 Y genes involved in spermatogenesis (AZF loci)
>                 @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @

This  message  was  originally   submitted  by  s.regenass@VIOLLIER.CH  to  the
HUM-MOLGEN list at  NIC.SURFNET.NL.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

please send a program and application form (hope this is the correct address).
Thank you,
[For the EUROPEAN CONGRESS OF HUMAN GENETICS -- ed)

S. Regenass
Stephan Regenass
Institut Dr. Viollier, Spalenberg 147, CH-4002 Basel, Switzerland
FAX (061) 482 02 35 (from US, dial 011 41 61 482 02 35)

indranet@server.indo.net.id (dr. Indrayana N.S) sent the following comments:

Dear coll.
I've problem in getting full papers for my research about G6PD
1. A new mutation responsible for severe G6PD deficiency in two ethnic Chinese with different clinical presentations:
determination by direct PCR sequencing technique.
by: Zuo L; Chen EY; Chang C; Du CS; Liu TZ; Chiu DT
Source: Int. J. Hematol 55: 39-44 (1992)

2. Molecular study of eight Japanese cases of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency by nonradioisotopic single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis
by: Hirono A; Miwa S; Fujii H; Ishida F; Yamada K; Kubota K
Source: Blood 83: 3363-8 (1994)

I appreciate and thanks for sending me the full article.
Yours,
Indrayana N.S; Airlangga School of Medicine Surabaya Indonesia
FAX: 62 31 5322472

Subject: European Workshop on Quality Assessment

This message was originally submitted by mpm@MATIES.SUN.AC.ZA to the HUM-MOLGEN
list at NIC.SURFNET.NL.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I recently received the information sheet on the European Workshop on Quality
Assesment. It has for some time been a worrying aspect of the service we
offer in our lab that we do not have some means of recognised quality
assesment. We are involved in DNA differential diagnostic and predictive
testing on FAP, HD, CF, Fra(X), Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH) and
Leber's heriditry optic neuropathy. It is also hoped to be able to offer both
diagnostic and predictive DNA testing for Porphyria Variegata and SMA. We are
therefore anxious to partake in a recognised quality assesment to ensure a
quality service to the community we serve.
Considering the above, I would like  to enquire if any participation from
countries outside the UK and European centres has been considered and if
there is any place for these centres in this quality assesment initiative.
Could you please foreward any relevant information.
Thank you.

Dr. M.P. Marx                                   Tel:  +27 21 9389213/4
Division of Human Genetics                      Fax:  +27 21 9317810
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
University of Stellenbosch
P.O. Box 19063
7505 TYGERBERG
South Africa

Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 09:33:10 -0500 (EST)
From: Dorothy Pennachio <Dorothy_Pennachio@MEDEC.COM>

          For an upcoming article in Patient Care magazine on
          insulin resistance, I would appreciate information from
          HUM-MOLGEN subscribers regarding that subject.  Patient
          Care is published by Medical Economics Co. in Montvale,
          N.J., and is read by c. 115,000 primary care physicians
          nationwide.  Those readers would be interested in learning
          about progress being made in the area of genetic research
          regarding insulin resistance.  Thank you for any information
          you might send on.  My address:

Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 12:02:22 +0100
From: Grant Gallagher <gqva12@UDCF.GLA.AC.UKI>

Hi,
I would like to hear from the European organisers of the Chromosome 6
workshop, with particular reference to joining this group.

So, if you're out there guys could you get in touch, please?

Thanks

Grant Gallagher
University of Glasgow Department of SUrgery.

Server protocol: HTTP/1.0
Remote host: g-gallagher.surgery.gla.ac.uk
Remote IP address: 194.80.44.101