  Bergen (ioi): BIOT: various nov 1996

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: BIOT: various nov 1996
From: "Bergen (ioi)" <A.A.BERGEN@AMC.UVA.NL>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 17:12:12 +0100

New BIOTechnology and Molecular biology related issues. There are both
a lot of requests for help and a lot of collaboration or assistance in
various fields!

Please send high-quality messages only with the appropriate TOPIC subject
heading. Low-quality messages and message not related to the proper
field may be refused without further notification.

Please respond by private E-mail only.

Have a nice day

Arthur Bergen

From:          "A.PAVAN PRAKASH" <scip5111@leonis.nus.sg>
Subject:       call

scip5111@leonis.nus.sg (A.PAVAN PRAKASH) sent the following comments:

SIR,
   IAM FACING PROBLEMS WITH HPLC, I WANT TO SEPARATE OUT DNA BASES
AND QUANTIFY THEM FOR THE LEVELS OF METHYLCYTOSINE.
THE COLUMN IAM USING IS LICHROSORB RP18(MERCK), AND THE SOLVENT FOR
ISOCRATIC ELUTION IS 5mM PHOSPHORIC ACID IN 5% METHANOL, THE FLOW RATE
IS 1.75ML/MIN. IAM DISSOLVING MY STANDARDS IN WATER. IAM FINDING
IT DIFFICULT TO SEPARATE, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING WRONG.
THE INSTRUMENT IS PERFUSION CHROMATOGRAPHY(BIOCAD).PLEASE LET ME KNOW
IF THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG IAM DOING AND CAN BE CORRECTED.
THANKING YOU.
A.PAVAN PRAKASH.