  Carlo Gambacorti: DIAG: 10 messages

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: DIAG: 10 messages
From: Carlo Gambacorti <GAMBACORTI@ICIL64.CILEA.IT>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 21:08:32 +0000
Date-warning: Date header was inserted by ICIL64.CILEA.IT

           HUM-MOLGEN  DIAGnostics/Clinical Research

This DIAG message contains  submessage(s):

1)      sterility/ 45 XY, t(10,14)

2)      nephrotic syndrome/WT1 gene

3)      follow up on  Frax Gene Therapy

4)      autosomal recessive muscular dystrophy/delta-sarcoglycan gene

5)      A-T study; req. for collaboration from Germany

6)      follicular lymphoma cell lines request

7)      congenital endothelial corneal dystrophy

8)       hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia

9)      carrier detection for Riley-Day Syndrome.

10)     req. For information on molecular diagnostic lab from Brazil

  Carlo Gambacorti MD, Editor,
  Human Molecular Genetics network
  Diagnostics/Clinical Research Section

Hi
     My name is Rita and I work for a cytogenetics lab in Nice, France.
     Recently, we came across a rather puzzling case:
    We performed a blood karyotype for a male presenting sterility
(oligoasthenospermia),
    and it came out: 45 XY, t(10,14), where there seems to be a fusion
between the two
    chromosomes, 10qter-14cen.
    C- banding revealed the presence of both centromeres on the translocated
chromosome,
   and there is no noticeable loss of genetic material apart from the short
arms of the 14.
   We haven't found any reference to such a translocation in the available
literature, and we will
   gladly welcome any information regarding this condition, phenotype and
bibliographic references.
   Thank you
Rita Attias
Service de Cytogenetique/LABS
Nice-France
E-Mail: ramat@imaginet.fr

We are investigating the molecular basis of congenital
nephrotic syndrome.  Specifically, we are testing the
possibility that mutations of the Wilms tumor (WT1) gene
are responsible for at least a subset of diffuse
mesangial sclerosis.  Ethical approval has been obtained
for this  project.We require DNA, blood, or post-mortem
tissue from patients with DMS.  If you can help please
contact me at the above email address or by FAX
44-171-916-0011, or by 'phone 44-171-242-9789 x 2635
Many thanks

Dr. Ania Koziell
Server protocol: HTTP/1.0
Remote host: iron.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Remote IP address: 193.62.192.26

Dear Carlo,

Your posting about fragile X seems to have stimulated further activity!

Teresa