  Jurg Ott: CALL,COMP: Linkage disequilibrium analysis software

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: CALL,COMP: Linkage disequilibrium analysis software
From: Jurg Ott <ott@linkage.cpmc.columbia.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 15:21:55 -0400

From: Mr M.E.S. Bailey <mbailey@HGMP.MRC.AC.UK>

I am trying to ascertain whether there is any allelic association
within a gene cluster I am working on. Each gene is multiallelic.
I have tried using Fisher's Exact Test within SAS to analyse the
significance of any associations, but it can't cope with the size
of the contingency tables.

I believe that the program StatXact-Turbo (or StatXact for SAS) from
Cytel Software could do the job. Is anyone using this program who could
give me access or run my jobs for me? Ideal location would be the Northern
half of the UK.

Thanks,
Mark E.S. Bailey