  Carlo Gambacorti: DIAG: monocytoid lymphoma/ patient request

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: DIAG: monocytoid lymphoma/ patient request
From: Carlo Gambacorti <GAMBACORTI@icil64.cilea.it>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 12:22:33 MET-DST

           HUM-MOLGEN  DIAGnostics/Clinical Research

This DIAG message contains 1 submessage(s):

1)        Monocytoid Lymphoma/ patient request

2)

  Carlo Gambacorti MD, Editor,
  Human Molecular Genetics network
  Diagnostics/Clinical Research Section

I have 2 questions.  My first cousin was just Dx with monocytoid lymphome.
 He is 55 years old.  He lives out of the country and my family asked me to
find out about the disease.  From what I understand, he has multiple enlarged
nodes in his neck.  I do not know if any internal nodes are involved.  He is
scheduled for 6 months of chemo.  What is the prognosis.  Can he be cured,
can the disease be controlled.

Next question,  My first cousin on my mothers side had a form of lymphoma and
my first cousin on my fathers side has monocytoid lymphoma and my mother 69
yrs old was DX with large cell lymphome (doing quite well after 1 Year) .  Is
there an oncogene for lymhoma.  Do I have an increase in risk. Do I have an
increase in risk for other cancers such as breast cancer.  Thanks in advance.
Diana Phillips

PLEASE REPLY TO HUMAN MOLECULAR GENETICS DIRECTLY