  Arthur Bergen: ALL: # HUM-MOLGEN subscribers and countries: another milestone...

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: ALL: # HUM-MOLGEN subscribers and countries: another milestone...
From: Arthur Bergen <bergen@AMC.UVA.NL>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 11:45:52 +0100

Congratulations!

We are delighted to announce that
the HUM-MOLGEN web continues to grow rapidly, and reached the size
of (over) 1 5 0 0 subscribers from 5 0 countries world-wide (please see
below for specification).

Some notes:

-We are in the process of applying for funds for HUM-MOLGEN to improve
our quality and service: unfortunately, in contrast with HUM-MOLGEN
communication, grant application goes by E-S-M (extreme snail-mail)

-With the number of subscribers going up, the number of messages
tend to increase, also. We intend the frequency of mails NOT to exceed 1 per
day, by summarizing as well as the editorial process.
PLEASE DO USE THE TOPIC OPTION AVAILABLE TO YOU TO SELECT THESE (TOPIC)
MAILS YOU WANT TO RECEIVE: It'll further reduce the pressure on you mailbox,
if you wish so.

-Unless the involvement of more companies and commercial services (which
will eventually not be free) on the internet, we will keep communication on
HUM-MOLGEN primarily free of charge.

-IF YOU ENJOY THIS SERVICE AND/OR YOU THINK IT's USEFUL FOR THE
COMMUNITY, PLEASE INVITE YOUR COLLEAGUES TO JOIN US !

Arthur Bergen (owner HUM-MOLGEN)

Subscribers to HUM-MOLGEN:
*
*  Country        Subscribers
*  -------        -----------
*  Argentina              1
*  Australia             44
*  Austria               10
*  Belgium               18
*  Brazil                 4
*  Canada                89
*  Chile                  2
*  China                  3
*  Colombia               3
*  Costa Rica             1
*  Czech Republic         8
*  Denmark               12
*  Estonia                2
*  Finland                6
*  France                26
*  Germany               82
*  Great Britain        140
*  Greece                 1
*  Hongkong               6
*  Hungary                3
*  India                  3
*  Indonesia              1
*  Iran                   4
*  Ireland                8
*  Israel                17
*  Italy                 35
*  Japan                 37
*  Korea                  5
*  Malaysia               4
*  Mexico                 5
*  Netherlands           34
*  New Zealand           11
*  Norway                 9
*  Poland                 8
*  Portugal               7
*  Russia                 1
*  Saudi-Arabia           1
*  Singapore              5
*  South Africa           9
*  Soviet Union           2
*  Spain                 18
*  Sweden                16
*  Switzerland           11
*  Taiwan                 3
*  Thailand               2
*  Turkey                 5
*  Uruguay                1
*  USA                  739
*  Venezuela              4
*
* Total number of users subscribed to the list: 1504
* Total number of countries represented:          50