  Carlo Gambacorti: DIAG: Pt request + editor note (please read)

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: DIAG: Pt request + editor note (please read)
From: Carlo Gambacorti <GAMBACORTI@icil64.cilea.it>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 09:43:46 MET-DST

           HUM-MOLGEN  DIAGnostics/Clinical Research

This DIAG message contains 2 submessage(s):

1)      Patient request:  Muscular Dystrophy.

2)      Editor's note on patients requests

  Carlo Gambacorti MD, Editor,
  Human Molecular Genetics network
  Diagnostics/Clinical Research Section

 Dear Human Molecular Geneticist, physician

 My friend asked me to send this request for help.
 His family a 10 years old boy is suffering from severe muscular Dystrophy
 (Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy). Is there any  clinical  phase in Gene therapy
 of Muscular dystrophy or any other related treatments.

  Thank you

PLEASE REPORT INFORMATION ON AVAILABLE (GENE) THERAPY TRIALS TO
HUM-MOLGEN DIRECTLY. Apparent patient location: Denmark

To all HMG/DIAG subscribers:

      as you noted, patients requests are sometimes transmitted to you.
This issue was discussed among HMG editors. We decided to continue
distributing such a requests for the time being.
      By distributing patients requests we can not only assist people in
difficult situations, but we could also help in getting these patients
in contact with researchers looking for patients to be included in
scientific clinical trials.
      As you probably noted, patients addresses are not reported in the
body of the message; this is to assure that patients messages will be
doubly moderated by HMGN.
      Patients requests will not be transmitted mixed with other messages,
and will be clearly marked "PATIENT REQUEST" in the subject. Thus, if you
don't want to be bothered by this type of posting, you can just delete
the message.