  Arthur Bergen: ALL: GROWTH AND NEW HUM-MOLGEN DEVELOPMENTS

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: ALL: GROWTH AND NEW HUM-MOLGEN DEVELOPMENTS
From: Arthur Bergen <bergen@AMC.UVA.NL>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 11:17:41 +0100

Dear HUM-MOLGENeticist,

I am happy to inform you that the HUM-MOLGEN communication web
has now grown to approximately 800 subscribers
(present growth-rate 1% a day) Moreover, we have had only a very few
subscribers signing off, so far!

Also, our HUM-MOLGEN WWW preview was a succes; Although many improvements
of the WWW site are still under way, we are now starting to introduce the
WWW to the entire internet community.

New developments:

Neurogenetics:::

A collaboration between HUM-MOLGEN and the high quality neuroweb
communication forum of John Lester (Harvard) has been started under the
DIAGNOS TOPIC (please look also at the WWW). Besides this the TOCs of
the Journal BRAIN and the European J of Neuroscience will be available
(similar to the TOC of Human Molecular Genetics), whcih will give us the
opportunity to develop a high-quality NEUROGENETICS section under the
DIAGNOS TOPIC.
In the future, we aim for further collaboration between high quality
communication forums and HUM-MOLGEN, f.i. in the field of CANCER,
OPHTHALMOLOGY etc.

NAR:::
I am happy to inform you that Oxford University Press has decided to send
the TOC of the NAR (Nucleic acid Research) to HUM-MOLGEN, weeks before
this Journal appears in hard-copy.

BIOT-MAILING:::
I am happy to inform you that several companies have shown interest in our
once-a-month mailing to BIOT/MOLBIO. It is expected that these mailings
will start at the end of June.

More developments are under way!

Also on behalf of Frank Zollmann
and ED-MOLGEN (HUM-MOLGEN editors)