  Arthur Bergen: NEWS, COMP: various

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: NEWS, COMP: various
From: Arthur Bergen <bergen@AMC.UVA.NL>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 15:20:13 +0100

Dear HUM-MOLGENeticists,

This mail summarizes news from our WWW page "News in Bioscience and
Medicine". Please send NEWS to
listserv@nic.surfnet.nl (Subject: NEWS: Your Subject)
or post them at
http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/NewsGen/.

Best wishes,

Frank S. Zollmann
(mkh536@cks1.rz.uni-rostock.de)
established. We welcome postings on the molecular basis of skeletal
dysplasias, clinical studies, call for patients and collaborations, unknowns,
etc. Remember that, for now, this is a general mailing list and any message
you post will betransmitted to every member of the list. Private mail should
be submitted to the individual.

As the number of postings increases we will modify the system much like has
been done for the HUM-MOLGEN mailing list. Eventually we plan to establish
a World Wide Web internet site that will allow the posting of scanned
radiographs and photographs.

Anyone with Internet EMAIL access, anywhere in the world, can subscribe to
this mailing list. This includes people with accounts on America On-Line,
CompuServe, etc. since all of those commercial on-line services now offer
some sort of access to Internet EMail.

To subscribe to the Skeletal Dysplasia mailing list, send EMAIL to
MAILSERV@CSMC.EDU with:

- nothing in the subject line
- the body of the message should contain one line in the form:
SUBSCRIBE SKELDYS YOUR_EMAIL_ADDRESS
for example
SUBSCRIBE SKELDYS WWILCOX@MAILGATE.CSMC.EDU

Please direct any problems, questions, suggestions, etc. directly to me:

Bill Wilcox
email: wwilcox@mailgate.csmc.edu

2/9 | New KKH Info-Web Server / The Singapore Obstetrics & Gynecology Web
<http://biomed.nus.sg/kkh/web.html>

4/9 | KUMC Genetics Education Center

The author Debra Collins summarizes interesting resources for educators with
an interest in human genetics. <http://www.kumc.edu/instruction/medicine/
genetics/homepage.html>

5/9 | The RNA World at IMB Jena

Here you can find world-wide links to RNA related topics.
<http://www.imb-jena.de/RNA.html>

6/9 | The IMAGE LIBRARY of Biological Macromolecules takes the first steps
towards Virtual Reality

The images of individual amino acids, the standard nucleotides A,T,G,C and
Watson-Crick pairs A-T, G-C and of a few macromolecules are now available
in the SGI Inventor 1.0 ASCII format (3D). <http://www.imb-jena.de/IMAGE.html>
7/9 | JBC online

The full text World Wide Web version of the Journal of Biological Chemistry
(JBC) by the American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is now
ready to test. <http://www-jbc.stanford.edu/jbc/>
8/9 | HospitalWeb

Is a growing collection of links to hospital servers on the Web. Creator
John Lester's goal is to provide a simple and globally accessible way for
researchers and physicians to get information on hospitals.
<http://dem0nmac.mgh.harvard.edu/hospitalweb.html>