This freely accessible Web site gives research professionals working in a variety of occupations an invaluable tool to identify individuals, departments and laboratories that have made fundamental contributions to the advancement of science and technology in recent decades.
ISIHighlyCited.com reveals the face of research--the people behind the accomplishments in 21 broad subject categories in life sciences, medicine, physical sciences, engineering and social sciences.
These individuals are the most highly cited within each category for the period 1981-1999, and comprise less than one-half of one percent of all publishing researchers--truly an extraordinary accomplishment.
ISIHighlyCited.com will grow to include the top 250 preeminent individual researchers in each of 21 subject categories who have demonstrated great influence in their field as measured by citations to their work--the intellectual debt acknowledged by their colleagues. The information for each researcher is as follows:
- Biographical information: education, faculty and professional posts, memberships and/or offices, current research interests, and personal Web sites.
- Full listing of publications: journal articles, book or book chapters, conference proceedings, web sites and other Internet resources
- Bibliography enhanced by links to the full bibliographic information indexed in the
ISI Web of ScienceÒ
When visiting ISIHighlyCited.com, one can:
- Search for the top researchers by name, category, country, or institutional affiliation
- Track research trends through literature references using links to and through the Web of Science
- Learn about or stay current on the research authorities and trends in a number of fields
- Identify key individuals, departments and laboratories
- Locate colleagues and experts
- Discover new dimensions of a researcher's work
- Show students the development of scientific ideas
ISIHighlyCited.com is the only online forum in the world for this type of communication and research. ISI is a Thomson Scientific Company recognized as a leader in providing e-information solutions to the scientific community. ISI HighlyCited.com is part of the ISI Web of Knowledge platform.
Bookmark and Share this page (what is this?)
Social bookmarking allows users to save and categorise a personal collection of bookmarks and share them with others. This is different to using your own browser bookmarks which are available using the menus within your web browser.
Use the links below to share this article on the social bookmarking site of your choice.
Read more about social bookmarking at Wikipedia - Social Bookmarking
Differentiation - free sample issue
Wanner. Höfner. 2007. Mass Spectrometry in Medicinal Chemistry.
Mirkin. Niemeyer. 2007. Nanobiotechnology II: More Concepts and Applications
Marx. Sandig. 2006. Drug Testing In Vitro: Breakthroughs and Trends in Cell Culture Technology
Hillenkamp. Peter-Katalinic. 2007. MALDI MS: A Practical Guide to Instrumentation, Methods and Applications
Call for Chapters for the Handbook of Research on Systems Biology Applications in Medicine
OpenHelix announces free trial subscriptions to its database of tutorials on genomic resources
Junghans et al. 2006. Intellectual Property Management
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press to Launch CSH Protocols
Sabaté et al. 2003. Adherence to Long-Term Therapies: Evidence for Action (WHO)
Pathy. 2005. Principles and Practice of Geriatric Medicine. 4th Edition
Brigelius-Flohé. Joost. 2006. Nutritional Genomics
more news ...