NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR, Online Event
The purposes and the scope of employee handbook policies and the practices are changing and expanding.From a siloed HR activity that creates insular documents concerned primarily with communicating the organizational work rules and benefits, employee handbook policies and practices have evolved into a critical component of an organization-wide management process that maximizes organizations' achievement of business objectives, enhances the value of their human capital, and minimizes legal risk.Why should you Attend:Lawsuits under the Fair Labor Standards Act have reached an all-time high. The Department of Labor estimates that 87% of all employers are not in compliance with their obligations to pay overtime to non-exempt workers.
In addition to misclassification issues, employers fail to recognize what time must be compensated and then how to calculate how much is owed when the employee works overtime. The use of personal digital devices and the growing popularity of telecommuting has made this task even more difficult.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- How to define your workweek
- What is compensable working time?
- How to determine the regular rate of pay
- Determining when bonuses must be in the regular rate
- How to pay employees who work at different rates
- Using salary coefficient to pay workers
- Using 7(k) exemption to pay workers
- When you can use compensatory time
Who Will Benefit:
- Human Resource Managers
- Company Owners
- Chief Financial Officers
- Payroll Clerks