All these topics and more will be covered in this jam-packed one-day program. The day will start with an overview of the state of the art in case management today, how we got here, and where we are going in the future. From there we will discuss the often-confusing subject of all the roles that occur in best practice departments.
You will learn more about the complimentary, but separate roles of RN case managers and social work case managers. From there, we will address best practice case management department models. We will then review what utilization management and transitional planning really mean under the current CMS rules and the new CMS proposed rules. We will end our series with a discussion on the best ways to measure the outcomes of your case management department and its impact on the organization.
Whether you are new to case management or a seasoned pro, this program will provide you with the latest and most up-to-date topics and information that you will need to be at the top of your game and produce the best outcomes for you, your patients and your organization.
- Understand the history of case management, the current state, and directions for the future.
- Describe contemporary case management roles and models.
- Review the role of utilization management in an era of value-based purchasing.
- Discuss how transitional planning can be done most effectively in the new healthcare environment.
- Ensure that you and your case management department are maintaining compliance.
- Understand the outcome measures you will need to measure the success of you and your case management department.
Who will Benefit:
- Coordinator Utilization Management/Case Management
- Account Management/Executive
- Administrative Director Care Management
- Population Health
- Analyst Clinical Documentation & Care Coordination
- Appeals Manager
- Patient Care Services and Logistics
- Clinical Documentation
- Continuum Care Management
- Integrated Care Delivery
- Medical Director Hospitalists
- Medical and Academic Affairs
Toni G. Cesta, Ph.D., RN, FAAN is Partner and Health Care Consultant in Case Management Concepts, LLC, a consulting company which assists institutions in designing, implementing and evaluating acute care and community case management models, new documentation systems, and other strategies for improving care and reducing cost. The author of nine books, and a frequently sought after speaker, lecturer and consultant, Dr. Cesta is considered one of the primary thought leaders in the field of case management.
Dr. Cesta writes a monthly column called “Case Management Insider” in the Hospital Case Management journal in which she shares insights and information on current issues and trends in case management.
Prior to her current work as a case management consultant, Dr. Cesta was Senior Vice President – Operational Efficiency and Capacity Management at Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. She was responsible for case management, social work, discharge planning, utilization management, denial management, bed management, the patient navigator program, the clinical documentation improvement program and systems process improvement. Prior to her position as Senior Vice President at Lutheran Medical Center, Dr. Cesta has held positions as Corporate Vice President for Patient Flow Optimization at the North Shore – Long Island Jewish Health System and Director of Case Management, Saint Vincents Catholic Medical Centers of New York, in New York City and also designed and implemented a Master’s of Nursing in Case Management Program and Post-Master’s Certificate Program in Case Management at Pace University in Pleasantville, New York. Dr. Cesta completed seven years as a Commissioner for the Commission for Case Manager Certification.