Traininng.com LLC, Fremont
This webinar is tailored to provide an overview of human factors and the benefits of applying human factors within the design process and ongoing system operations.
Human Factors can be classified into three areas:
- Human Performance
- Organizational culture
However, the truth is that there is significant overlap between these three. Human Factors concerns the interface within a system between the human operator and other system elements.
The purpose of human factors is to analyse and, if appropriate, modify system elements in order to support safe and effective achievement of system goals.
System elements include for example:
- Working environment
- Tools and equipment
- Organisational structure
Why should you Attend
Human Factors is now a globally recognized discipline and, in many jurisdictions, it is a requirement to demonstrate that it has been considered as part of design and operation of new systems.
The purpose of this webinar is to provide an overview of the basics of human factors in that you'll be able to:
- Understand the definition and scope of human factors
- Recognize the benefits of user centred design
- Identify opportunities where HF may improve current processes and designs
- Discuss the regulatory environment in several jurisdictions
Areas Covered in the Session
- What is human factors?
- What is covered by human factors?
- What is the purpose of human factors?
- Examples of where human factors has not been considered within the design process
- Integration of human factors within the design process
Who Will Benefit
- Strategic and Operational Decision Makers within Complex Systems
- Engineers involved in the Development of control Systems
- Control Operators within Complex Systems
- Safety Professionals