Toronto Airport West, 5444 Dixie Road, Mississauga, ON L4W 2L2, Canada
In this course you will learn how to interpret clauses, and analyze in the contracts, and get the project completed on time and within budget.
The construction industry is a global, dynamic and innovative industry that delivers buildings and infrastructure for all aspects of commercial and domestic activity. This dynamic and innovative industry is faced with safety challenges on a project by project and day to day basis. Excellence in Health and safety management is therefore a key requirement of construction industry professional practice.
There is an increasing awareness of the need to operate and control construction contracts (big or small) more efficiently, as promoters of such projects become more knowledgeable and demanding. An understanding of the contract clauses underlying the project is a widely publicized requirement for the successful project manager. Owners, consultants and contractors are all involved.
Weakness in contract control generally stems from the absence of foolproof procedures and poor communication. This seminar aims to show how (a) how these deficiencies can be overcome, (b) the obligations of each participant in these activities, (c) how the disputes (practical and legal issues) related to construction contracts, both on public and private projects can be addressed and focuses on developing skills for making a balanced and fair interpretation.
How You Will Benefit:
- Develop the ability and confidence to take control over contract administration in your organization and have a real impact on your bottom line.
- Discover how to optimize contract performance and results in today’s tough, competitive environment.
- Create win-win situations and develop workable plans, and translate them into expedient action.
- Enhance your knowledge of the contract management techniques including contract legality, constructability and the settlements of claims.
- Improve your skills in dealing with changes.
Who Should Attend:
Contractors, engineers, owners, field administrators, project managers, consulting engineers, construction inspectors, government agencies.
Event Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
In-Class: CAD 1,345.