ComplianceOnline, Online Event
Why Should You Attend:
The workers’ compensation insurance premium is often the single most expensive insurance cost of many employers, yet also often the least understood and least managed.
This webinar will discuss the benefits and risks of workers’ compensation insurance for employers, what drives costs, and steps to take before any work injury occurs. The presenter will suggest an “injured worker protocol” for step by step actions for employers to take to manage and control workers’ compensation claims costs.
The speaker, a seasoned safety professional who has helped many companies successfully control workers' compensation costs, will provide a comprehensive strategy that will help you in managing your workers' compensation claims, while complying with regulations.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- What injuries are covered by workers’ compensation, and what are not
- What goals an employer can and should set in controlling work comp costs
- Changes in the workers’ compensation system
- Best tools in controlling costs
- What is “first aid” and why is it important?
- A protocol to handle work injuries
- Employer’s First Report of Injury
- Value of a return to work policy
- How to have a successful return to work program
- Impact of ADA, FMLA and duty to engage in interactive process
- Use of a Medical Provider Network
- Red flags of workers’ compensation fraud