Who Should Attend
This two-day course, which emphasizes principles with wide applicability, is intended for individuals engaged in research, development, and evaluation of prescription and OTC dermatological products. Individuals new to the development of dermatological products – whether experienced in R&D or not – will find that the course provides a comprehensive introduction. This course will also be useful to those in marketing and manufacturing, as well as the manufacture of raw materials for use in topical products, who wish to learn about the goals, problems and trends in development.
Upon completion of this course participants will:
- understand modern concepts that contribute to success in dermatological product development
- know the major factors in topical delivery
- appreciate the advantages and limitations of methods for measuring topical delivery
- understand how to manipulate formulations to achieve optimal delivery
- know how to apply testing procedures to monitor product performance
- know how to approach dermatological product design taking into account the relevant biological, physicochemical and practical considerations.
- understand regulatory pathways to product introduction understand the major advantages and limitations of various skin