Who Should Attend
This course is designed for all food industry professionals who are interested in learning more about what they and their companies can do to protect the food supply from a terrorist attack.
Those supplying raw materials to the food industry will also benefit from the course
This 90-minute accredited online course provides an introduction to the topic of food terrorism. It provides the historical background and context which explain the current high degree of interest in the topic. The course also provides a comprehensive overview to both the FDA and USDA perspectives on the topic. The course concludes with an introduction to CARVER + shock, a risk assessment tool adapted from military offensive targeting prioritization to evaluate the vulnerabilities in any food processing system.
• Why the topic of food terrorism?
• Previous chemical attacks on the food supply
• Previous biological attacks on the food supply
• FDA advice to the food industry
• FDA self-assessment tools
• USDA advice to the food industry
• CARVER + Shock background
• CARVER + Shock software tool
• Getting started with CARVER + Shock
Question and Answer Session