  Carlo Gambacorti MD, National Cancer Institute, Milan - Italy: DIAG: 3 messages

To: HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: DIAG: 3 messages
From: "Carlo Gambacorti MD, National Cancer Institute, Milan - Italy" <gambacorti@istitutotumori.mi.it>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:57:27 +0200

           HUM-MOLGEN  DIAGnostics/Clinical Research

This DIAG message contains 3 professional requests:

1)    non-progressive ataxia, cerebellar hypoplasia and mental retardation.
2)    presumed X linked retinitis pigmentosa.
3)    a Message from the DIAG editor

REPLIES TO PROFESSIONAL REQUESTS SHOULD BE SENT TO THE PERSON MAKING THE
REQUEST AND NOT TO HUM-MOLGEN.

Carlo Gambacorti, MD, Editor,            Harker Rhodes, MD, Assistant Editor
                       Human Molecular Genetics Network
                       Diagnostics/Clinical Research Section

>>Date:         Fri, 25 Feb 2000 18:31:12 GMT
>>Sender: Human Molecular Genetics Editors <ED-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
>>From: "Dr. Norma Leonard" <norma.leonard@ualberta.ca>
>>Subject:      CALL for collaboration:
>>To: ED-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL
>
>Dr. Norma Leonard (norma.leonard@ualberta.ca) sent the following comments:
>
>--
>
>We have a patient, a 32 year old female with non-progressive ataxia and
cerebellar hypoplasia and mental retardation.  She may have the
dysequilibrium syndrome. She and her family are interested in knowing
information on/participating in research for isolated cerebellar hypoplasia
with mental retardation.  If anyone is doing research in this area, please
let me know.

>--

**************

Dear colleagues,
>We need help in studying two families with presumed X linked retinitis
>pigmentosa.
>--
>Moshe Frydman MD
>Associate Professor of Pediatrics and
>Medical Genetics,
>The Danek Gertner Institute of Human Genetics
>Chaim Sheba Medical Center,
>Tel Hashomer, 52621,
>Israel
mfrydman@POST.TAU.AC.IL

**************
Dear Hum-Molgen Subscribers,
        with this posting I end my tenure as DIAG editor. Harker will also resign
as co-editor. I served the Hum-Molgen community for 5 years.
During this time we examined, edited and posted over 1000 messages; we also
screened replies to  patients requests following our policy of "double
moderation" for this type of messages. This could not have been possible
without the precious help of the many DIAG editors that helped me during
this time: Agnes Tay, Bob Resta, Harker Rohdes, Nenad Blau, just to mention
some.
Unfortunately committments grew and I found increasingly difficult to keep
up with them, especially my clinical responsibilities to CML patients on
treatment with STI571, and to continue serving as editor.
I hope you enjoyed this part of Hum-Molgen, which showed the potential of a
global netwrok in the field of human genetics and genetic diseases.
Sincerely,

Carlo Gambacorti MD

HUM-MOLGEN - Internet Communication Forumin Human Genetics E-mail:
HUM-MOLGEN@nic.surfnet.nl WWW:
http://www.HUM-MOLGEN.de/ Phone: 020-5664598 (The
Netherlands), (206) 386-2101 (USA) Fax:  020-691 6521 (The Netherlands),
(206) 386-2555 (USA)
--------------- >"copyright HUM-MOLGEN"