  Carlo Gambacorti MD, National Cancer Institute, Milan - Italy: DIAG: re:SOM-MUT, a new hum-molgen initiative

To: HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: DIAG: re:SOM-MUT, a new hum-molgen initiative
From: "Carlo Gambacorti MD, National Cancer Institute, Milan - Italy" <gambacorti@istitutotumori.mi.it>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:42:36 +0200
Posted-Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:42:36 +0200

Dear HUM-MOLGEN Subscriber:

     We would like to point your attention to the new service available
form our network. HUM-MOLGEN has developed a molecular diagnostic registry
database (SOM-MUT) to offer on-line searches for laboratoriess offering
molecular diagnostic tests for somatic mutations/alterations. This service
is complementary and cross-linked to, but independent from, Helix
(http://www.hslib.washington.edu/helix/), the registry for laboratories
offering germ line mutations.

        After the first 4 months of activity we are now able to expand this
activity to labs outside Europe and North America.

     Please visit the general page of SOM-MUT
(http://opus.cilea.it/som-mut/);
take a moment to visit the data entry form ("New Lab Adhesion") and
register the laboratory and the tests offered. If you experience problems
in the registration process, please contact dr. Nenad Blau at
blau@kispi.unizh.ch

     Finally we ask that you share this information with others
at your institution, especially to those people who  would be
interested in searching the database and/or registering their
laboratory and tests.

For HUM-MOLGEN,

Carlo Gambacorti MD
gambacorti@istitutotumori.mi.it