  Arthur Bergen: BIOT: for December

To: HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: BIOT: for December
From: Arthur Bergen <a.bergen@ioi.knaw.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 07:58:24 MET

The BIOT section is open for requests and offers of information
regarding molecular biology and molecular genetics (protocols,
techniques, products, collaboration, etc.).

You can reach over 5016 of your colleagues, and on average you may
expect up to twenty replies to a single message. This service is
absolutely FREE of charge. Help yourself by helping your colleagues!

- Please send high quality messages only, including full name,
address and purpose.
- Please use the appropriate TOPIC subject heading in your message.
 - Please state non-trivial questions only.
- Please reply by private E-mail only, unless your request is of
general interest to the entire HUM-MOLGEN community.
- Messages may be refused without further notification.

Edward Wilcox
Trevor M. D'Souza

(BIOT editors)
This BIOT message contains:

1)  Is anyone using the "genechip" by Affymetrix?
2)  A need for poly[bis(p-carboxyphenoxy)propane]anhydride
3)  A request for polyclonal antibody against retinal S-antigen
4)  A desire to learn more about FISH
5)  Are there any statistics on the frequency of twins being produced in any
    given family?

[#1]
Hello,

I'm Patrick Marx and I'm a freelance journalist. I'm working on an article
about the genechip as sold by Affymetrix. I would like to know which Dutch
institutions are planning to buy such a system or are already working with
it.

Thank you.

Patrick Marx
Geraniumstraat 11
7601 AD Almelo
Netherlands
tel: ..31 (0)546 821227
E-mail: pmarx@freemail.nl

[#2]
I would like to prepare a polymer for drug delivery which will be used in
an in vivo study. I would appreciate it if some one can send me information
where I can obtain "poly[bis(p-carboxyphenoxy)propane]anhydride" which will
be used for making polymers.

Thank you,

Dr. Chen
Lady Davis Institute
McGill University
cxzc@music.mcgill.ca

[#3]
Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for a polyclonal antibody against retinal S-antigen that can
be used on mouse formalin fixed tissue sections. Is anyone aware of a
commercial source, or willing to provide an aliquot of their own source
that I can use?

Best regards,

Marc A Vooijs
The Netherlands Cancer Institute
div. of molecular genetics
plesmanlaan 121                       Tel  : +31 20 5121994
1066 cx amsterdam                     fax  : +31 20 5122011
The Netherlands                       email : mvooys@nki.nl

[#4]
I am a clinical gynecologist supposed to start having a link to FISH and
sperm FISH.  As a clinician, this seems new and may be strange!  Will
someone kindly help me by sending some form of a live presentation of the
procedure, and all the details related to it, in the form of a videotape or
CD ROM. In addition, is there any opportunity for training available?

Thank you very much.
Best regards

Dr. AHMAD TAGELDEEN ABDELHAFEEZ,
GYNECOLOGIST(MD),
ASSIUT 71111, BORG ALSHARK ALGADEED, ABOVE NEW
SEDNAWI, SHARE ALGISH,  ASSIUT, EGYPT
FAX: 0020 88 334665
Tel:   0020 88 321018- 338550
E-MAIL: ahmad.ta@rocketmail.com

[#5]
...I am not a member of this list, so please send information to me
directly. Regarding my genealogy, a question has come up that I am hoping
one of you can answer. Are there any stats on the frequency of twins being
produced in any given family?
    Is there a site on the net that can be accessed for this information?
The member asking the question had noticed a large number of twins, but
then on retrospect, wondered if it was just that she has a very large
database.

Thanking you in advance,
LD Strobel
 strobelite@havilandtelco.com