  Carlo Gambacorti MD, National Cancer Institute, Milan - Italy: DIAG: 4 patient requests

To: HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: DIAG: 4 patient requests
From: "Carlo Gambacorti MD, National Cancer Institute, Milan - Italy" <gambacorti@istitutotumori.mi.it>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:03:18 +0200
Posted-Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:03:18 +0200

           HUM-MOLGEN  DIAGnostics/Clinical Research

This DIAG message contains 4  PATIENT REQUEST(s):

1)  Information on MERKEL CELL CARCINOMA
2)  Information on NF2
3)  Information on FIBROMYALGIA AND CHRONIC FATIQUE SYNDROME
4)  Information on NEUROCANTHOCYTOSIS

Rick Martin MD, Assistant Editor,
Human Molecular Genetics Network
Diagnostics/Clinical Research Section

Carlo Gambacorti MD, Editor
Human Molecular Genetics Network
Diagnostics/Clinical Research Section

1)    Information on  Merkel Cell Carcinoma

Dear sir,
I have a friend with Merkel cell carcinoma. Does anyone do any research
on it and what treatment is suggested?
Thanks

APPARENT PATIENT LOCATION - Malaysia
PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO HUMAN MOLECULAR GENETICS
NETWORK

2)  Information on NF2

Hi- my 14-yr-old daughter has NF2.  I would
be interested in receiving any info or new developments in regards to
NF2.  Thanks!

APPARENT PATIENT LOCATION - USA
PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO HUMAN MOLECULAR GENETICS
NETWORK

3)  Information on FIBROMYALGIA AND CHRONIC FATIQUE
-----------

To Whom It May Concern:
I am writing from Canada, and have been diagnosed as having
"Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome."  I had heard that there might
be a source through the University of Newcastle, Au., that a Mr. Hugh
Dunstan, may have "isolated molecular evidence for CFS."  I've tried
several avenues to try and find out if there is any research on the
topic mentioned, and if so, could I either get in contact with the
sources doing the research or any publications on any "molecular
evidence for CFS?"  I look forward to hearing from whomever may receive
this E-mail and may be able to answer my questions.

APPARENT PATIENT LOCATION - CANADA
PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO HUMAN MOLECULAR GENETICS
NETWORK

4)     Information on NEUROACANTHOCYTOSIS
-----------
My sister has just been diagnosed with neuroacanthocytosis.  Needless to
say it has been  devasting to our entire family.  Dr Lynch,  at the
University of Pennsylvania Hospital explained to me that this disease is
extremely rare.  I need to get as much information on the disease as
possible in order to better understand what is happeneing to my sister.  I
would
greatly appreciate it if you could emial me any information you have on the
disease.  I would also like to , if possible get in contact with other
families dealing with this disease.   I greatly appreciate your time.

APPARENT PATIENT LOCATION - USA
PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO HUMAN MOLECULAR GENETICS
NETWORK

 HUM-MOLGEN - Internet Communication Forum in Human Genetics

 E-mail: HUM-MOLGEN@nic.surfnet.nl
 WWW: http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/

 Phone: 020-566 4598 (The Netherlands), (206) 386-2101 (USA)
 Fax:   020-691 6521 (The Netherlands), (206) 386-2555 (USA)

"copyright HUM-MOLGEN"