  Arthur Bergen: BIOT: October 1998

To: HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: BIOT: October 1998
From: Arthur Bergen <a.bergen@ioi.knaw.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 10:51:18 MET

New BIOTs!

The BIOT section is open for requests and offers of information
regarding molecular biology and molecular genetics (protocols,
techniques, products, collaboration, etc.).

You can reach over 5016 of your colleagues, and on average you may
expect up to twenty replies to a single message. This service is
absolutely FREE of charge. Help yourself by helping your colleagues!

- Please send high quality messages only, including full name,
address and purpose.
- Please use the appropriate TOPIC subject heading in your message.
- Please state non-trivial questions only.
- Please reply by private E-mail only, unless your request is of
general interest to the entire HUM-MOLGEN community

Messages may be refused without further notification.

Edward Wilcox
Trevor M. D'Souza
(BIOT editors)

This BIOT message contains:

1)  A request for MA-10 (murine Leydig cell tumor) cells.
2)  Research in the field of homeopathic medicines.
3)  Can somebody help me to obtain probes of IGF 1 & 2, and corresponding
    receptors?
4)  Is there a repository of cDNAs encoding mutant hemoglobin proteins?
5)  We are looking for cell lines developed from intestinal hamartomas.
6)  I am interested in the Serial Analysis of Gene Expression technique.
7)  I am curious as to the success -- or lack of -- in treating nerve deafness
    biomedically.
8)  I would like to obtain the sequences of HLA-DQB2, 3, 4 AND HLA-DPB2,3 for
    sequence alignments and comparisons.

Does anyone have MA-10 cells?

We have recently identified a molecular variant of luteinizing hormone (LH) and are in the process of characterizing its function. Part of the experiment would require the use of MA-10 (murine Leydig
Yours sincerely,
Wu-Xiang Liao, Ph.D.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
National University of Singapore
National University Hospital
Lower Kent Ridge Road
Singapore 119074
Tel: 65-8748048; Fax: 65-7794753
E-mail: obglwx@nus.edu.sg
I am about to begin research into the NMR relaxation times of homeopathic medicines. It is hoped that results will show that the relaxation times (T1 and T2) in the very high dilution homeopathic sam
Has anyone carried out any research in this field? Any help offered will be gratefully received.

Yours faithfully,
Oliver Elstob
e-mail:  ppymote@ppn3.nott.ac.uk
address:  441, Derby Road, Lenton, Nottingham, UK
Dear colleagues,
   I am a clinical fellow in OBS/GYN Department of National Taiwan University Hospital.  Currently I work on the role of insulin-like growth factors and their
receptors in the pathogenesis of intrauterine growth retardation. Can somebody help me to obtain some probes of these genes (IGF 1 & 2, and
corresponding receptors) for the work on blotting and RNAase protection assays. Thanks a lot for the attention.

Dr. Kuan-Jiin Lyu, M.D.
Department of OBS/GYN
National Taiwan University Hospital
No. 7, SEC 1, Chun-Sun South Rd.
Taipei, Taiwan 10016
jiin@ha.mc.ntu.edu.tw
Tel : 886-2-23970800 Ext. 7438 or 7437
Fax : 886-2-23710331
---- I am trying to find out whether there is a repository of cDNAs encoding mutant hemoglobin proteins.  Does anyone know of such a resource? Alternatively, if there are any investigators which have
William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
University of California San Francisco
Surgical Research Laboratory at San Francisco General Hospital
1001 Potrero Avenue, Bldg. 1, Room 210
San Francisco, CA  94110
Tel:    (415)-206-6889, 206-6884
FAX:    (415)-206-6997
E-Mail: hanswb@itsa.ucsf.edu
We are looking for cell lines developed from intestinal hamartomas of patients with Bannayan-Zonana syndrome (BJS; also known as Ruvalcaba-Riley-Smith syndrome, Bannayan-Ruvalcaba syndrome, or Ruvalc
Sincerely yours,
Stephen J. Meltzer, M.D.
Professor of Medicine
University of Maryland N3W62
22 S. Greene St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
410-706-3375
FAX 410-328-6559
email: smeltzer@medicine.ab.umd.edu
Dear colleagues:
     I am interested in the Serial Analysis of Gene Expression technique (Science Vol270, 20 Oct. 1995, page 484-487) for my study and did a literature search. To my surprise, only a few follow-up paSincerely,
H. Cai
 Huicong Cai <cai@UMDNJ.EDU>
geni@digital-marketplace.net (Robert Whalen) sent the following comments:

I am curious as to the success -- or lack of -- in treating nerve deafness biomedically.   If no clinical trials are currently in progress, are there any particularly promising avenues of research.
I am investigating the relationship between HLA class II genes. I have downloaded sequence alignment files of HLA-DRB1 to DRB9, HLA-DQB1 and HLA-DPB1 genes, but failed to find the sequences of HLA-DQ
yours
Jimmied Fong
E-mail: fengbingjian@163.net
Dr. Arthur A.B. Bergen
Department of Ophthalmogenetics
The Netherlands Ophthalmic Research Institute (IOI)
Royal Academy of Sciences of the Netherlands (KNAW)

** Snail-mail: **           ** FAX: **             ** E-mail: **

P.O.Box 12141               (+31)206916521         A.Bergen@IOI.KNAW.NL
1100 AC  Amsterdam
The Netherlands