  Carlo Gambacorti MD, National Cancer Institute, Milan - Italy: DIAG: 4 messages

To: HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: DIAG: 4 messages
From: "Carlo Gambacorti MD, National Cancer Institute, Milan - Italy" <gambacorti@anprisc.anapat.istitutotumori.mi.it>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 08:16:47 +0200
Posted-Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 08:16:47 +0200

           HUM-MOLGEN  DIAGnostics/Clinical Research

This DIAG message contains  4 professional requests:

1)      Klippel-Feil Syndrome
2)      FISH probes for 2q14.2-q2.1
3)      Cornelia de Lange Syndrome
4)      Request for mitochondrial DNA

REPLIES TO THESE MESSAGES SHOULD BE SENT TO THE PERSON MAKING THE REQUEST AND
NOT TO HUM-MOLGEN.

Carlo Gambacorti, MD, Editor,            Harker Rhodes, MD, Assistant Editor
                       Human Molecular Genetics Network
                       Diagnostics/Clinical Research Section

1) Klippel-Feil Syndrome:

We are seeking patients with Klippel-Feil Syndrome to be included in our
NH&MRC
funded and ethics approved (No 95/40) genetic screening for the KFS genes.
Patients are required to sign the appropriate consent forms prior to providing
a blood sample for DNA and RNA analysis.

Dr Raymond Clarke
St George Hospital
Australia
r.clarke@unsw.edu.au

**********
2) FISH probes for 2q14.2-q2.1

Dear colleagues:

We have an intetersting case with familial deletion of chromosome #2 at band
2q14.2-q2.1.  We are planning to do FISH study to determine the exact size and
nature of the defect.  Please, let me know if you have probes for such area or
if you know someone who may be willing to supply us with those probes.
Unfortunately, I have no internet access here to access Online serives such as
the GDB or EMBL.

Thank you ,
O.K.Zaki,MD
Saudi Arabia
e-mail:  OZAKI@KSU.EDU.SA

**********

3)      Cornelia de Lange Syndrome

I'm looking for information about Cornelia de Lange syndrome because we have a
10 yeras old child this syndrome. She has a high myopia and I'm not sure about
her refraction and about the correction possibility. We are an ophtalmologist
group and have never ever seen a case like this.

Thanks for your attention.

Risla Gomes
Brasil
rigomes@domain.com.br

**********

4)      Request for mitochondrial DNA

I am technician at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, MO and I need
some
help.  I perform clinical diagnostic testing for mitochondrial mutations
involving the MERRF and MELAS diseases.  As I am sure those familiar with
these
diseases are well aware, they are quite rare.  It is for this reason that I
lack quality positive controls for some of the mutations.  Thus, I was
wondering if anyone knew of anywhere from which I might obtain positives
controls for any of the MERRF or MELAS mutations in any form: cell lines, DNA,
etc.

I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thank you,

Scott Hummel
Kansas City, MO, USA
hummel@hotmail.com

HUM-MOLGEN - Internet Communication Forumin Human Genetics E-mail:
HUM-MOLGEN@nic.surfnet.nl WWW:
http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/ Phone: 020-5664598 (The
Netherlands), (206) 386-2101 (USA) Fax:  020-691 6521 (The Netherlands),
(206) 386-2555 (USA)
--------------- >"copyright HUM-MOLGEN"