  Arthur Bergen: LITE: various

To: HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: LITE: various
From: Arthur Bergen <a.bergen@ioi.knaw.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 11:05:55 MET

Dear HUM-MOLGENeticists,

This LITE message contains:

(1) Information of recent additional Journal TOCs
(2) Information about Paul Ginspargs very succesful pre-print
archives
(3) New HUM-MOLGEN (pre-)prints
(4) Call for new (pre-)prints

************

In contrast with our last message, the TOCs of Nature Genetics are
still available for freeon the WWW; they were moved to another
location on the Nature Genetics web-site.
An update of  TOCs of allmost any Journal of your interest can now be
found in a summarized fashion at:

http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/update/journals.html

(If you have an integrated web-browser, simply click on this adress)

************

The pre-print arcives of Paul Ginsparg in physics and mathematical
sciences are an extra-ordinary succes. Also, in the cognitive
sciences (Paul Harnard) pre-print services are very succesful,
(both with full consent of publishers and other parties).

If you have an interest in this simply click on:

http://xxx.lanl.gov/

If  biomedical pre-printservices are an initial succes (see also
NETWATCH in one of the next issues in SCIENCE), we will look for
collaboration with these archives.

*************

HUM-MOLGEN received 3 additional (pre-)prints the last two weeks:
2  on biotechnology law:

(please remember, if your screen/ screen editor size is possibly too
small, to put the html extension on the second line behind the adress
on the first line before clicking the adress)

http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/documents/texts/0019.
html

http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/documents/texts/0020.
html

1 on the limit of copyright

http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/documents/texts/0021.
html

**************

Invitation for (pre-)prints:

Given the succes of pre-prints in other fields of science, and your
positive response to pre-prints in our previous survey, we invite you
to submit pre-prints: preferentially short letters/abstracts. We will
also accept comprehensive reviews.  Your pre-print will be exposed to
over 5000 colleagues at once after low key moderation.

SIMPLE RULES for (PRE-)PRINTS
 (we can and will not accept other forms):

(1) State your full name, title and affiliations.
(2) Pre-prints should be no longer than 750 words
(3) The SUBJECT heading of your E-mail reply should at least start
with: LITE: PRE-PRINT
(4) E-mail your letter/preprint preferentially as an attachment in
Word 6.0 or WordPerfect 6.0.
(5) Send your pre-print to HUM-MOLGEN@nic.surfnet.nl
(6) Indicate at what dat your pre-print should be (automatically)
removed, if needed

Thank you in advance for your effort and collaboration

Arthur Bergen

********

The pre-print serivces are supported by the IWI, the dutch foundation
for innnovative scientific information exchange.

********

Copyright: HUM-MOLGEN

Dr. Arthur A.B. Bergen
Department of Ophthalmogenetics
The Netherlands Ophthalmic Research Institute (IOI)
Royal Academy of Sciences of the Netherlands (KNAW)

** Snail-mail: **           ** FAX: **             ** E-mail: **

P.O.Box 12141               (+31)206916521         A.Bergen@IOI.KNAW.NL
1100 AC  Amsterdam
The Netherlands