  Carlo Gambacorti MD, National Cancer Institute, Milan - Italy: DIAG:

To: HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: DIAG:
From: "Carlo Gambacorti MD, National Cancer Institute, Milan - Italy" <gambacorti@anprisc.anapat.istitutotumori.mi.it>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 14:53:40 +0100
Posted-Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 14:53:40 +0100

Dear HMGN subscribres,
        HMGN has seen a significant increase over the past 3 months in the number
of requests originating from patients (usually referred as PT.REQ.).
        While we continue to be open to such requests, this list is not a patient
list or a patient support network, rather it constitutes primarily a
network for researchers and physicians. It is our consensus that PT.REQ.
have not to exceed 20-30% of total requests;  therefore only those PT.REQ.
judged to have a sufficient scientific content will be posted. Our editors
will try to reply directly to the other PT.REQ.  by indicating additional,
proper sites,  and/or providing information directly.
With best regards.

Carlo Gambacorti, MD, Editor,
Human Molecular Genetics Network
Diagnostics/Clinical Research Section