  Bergen (ioi): CALL: various Jan 1997

To: HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: CALL: various Jan 1997
From: "Bergen (ioi)" <A.A.BERGEN@AMC.UVA.NL>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 17:45:11 +0100

New CALLs!
and offers for collaboration, information, and where-abouts, etc:
This message contains:

1) Contact sought with Dr. Brown
2) Info sought on centrifuges for article
3) Microsatellites info sought
4) Clinical molecular genetics info sought in NY
5) URLs sought of job announcements
6) Molecular tests for CD56 and CD24 sought
7) Info sought for risk calculation in genetic counselling
8) Views asked for future genotyping Factor V Leiden
9) Relationship between genes and cardiovascular disease
10) Reply to previous CALL

Please
     -respond by private E-mail only, unless your reply is of general
      interest.
     -send high-quality messages only, which includes
      full adress, etc.
     -do also use the appropriate TOPIC subject heading.
      Other or inappropriate messages may be refused without further
      notification.
Good CALLs!

Arthur Bergen
(A.A.Bergen@amc.uva.nl)
Hi !

I am now trying to contact Dr. Tom Brown at Pfizer (in
Connecticut) who was in Prof. Steve McKnight's Lab and published
the paper in Genes & Development (vol.6, 2502-2512, 1992) for the
Ets related gene, especially the cloning of ER71.
Does anyone know his address or e-mail number?

Thank you for the advance.

Masamoto Kanno, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

Division of Molecular Immunology
Center for BioMedical Science
School of medicine
Chiba University
1-8-1, Inohana,
Chuo-ku, Chiba 260
Japan

Tel: +81-43-226-2200
Fax: +81-43-227-1498
e-mail: kanno@med.m.chiba-u.ac.jp

Hello all-

I'm writing an article for The Scientist
(http://www.the-scientist
library.upenn.edu/) about centrifuges: the products that are out
there and new research directions.

I'd like to hear from research scientists who have something to
say about their instruments: do you like it? hate it? What
features do you like or dislike in models you work with?  I'm
looking for user comments to supplement company information for
my article.

I'm intereted in any and all kinds of centrifuges, from
microfuges all the way up to process.  And if you're involved in
the development of new centrifuge applications, I'd like to hear
about it.

Please respond to jkling@nasw.org

Jim Kling
science/medical writing
Bellingham, WA
jkling@pacificrim.net
http://nasw.org/users/jkling

Sir
I am a medical oncologistd involved in experimental research
of microsatellites instability in solid tumors. We are just
developing a program in this field and it would be very useful
for me to know how to get sequences of primers used to
study microsatellites. In many articles is reported only the
name of microsatellites with no data on sequences.
thank you very much
with kind regards
Francesco Graziano

Dept. of Onco-Hematology
Hospital of Pesaro
Italy

I am a Ph.D. in biological field with several year experience in
molecular biology and biochemistry. I am interested to engage in
clinical molecular genetics. But I do not know how to get
involved in to this field. could you be kind enough to let me
know  to whom I have to contact with especially in the New York
city where I live. Thanks in advance!

Dept. of Pathology, New York Medical College, Dr. Ruoqian Shen

crmcr@juno.com (C.R.McReynolds M.D.) sent the following comments:

I am seeking the email addresses and/or URL's of two
recently announced fellowships.
     1.  JHU/UMCP Center for Computer Science in Medicine
        Department of Pathology
        John Hopkins Hospital
        Baltimore MD

     2.  A fellowship in Fragile X syndrome offered
        by an institution in Maine.

  C.R. McReynolds M.D.
  Independent Consultant
  109 Sunray Drive
  Lake Havasu City
  AZ 86403

hoelscher@intranet.ca (Bryan Hoelscher) sent the following
comments:

Would like to know what laboritores in Ontario,
molecular tests for CD56 or CD24.
Thank You

Bryan Hoelscher

Please forward list of laboritories in specifically Ontario
and generally Canada that test for the antigen CD56 or
the surface antigen CD24.Any help appreciated.

Thank You
Bryan Hoelscher
Canadian Cancer Research Group
5610 Richmond Rd.
Nepean, Ontario
K2H 7V2

This message was originally submitted by jyzhou@UCSD.EDU to the
HUM-MOLGEN list at NIC.SURFNET.NL.

I am  interested in how to calculate risks in genetic counseling.
Web resources would be particularly helpful.

Any info or pointers are deeply appreciated.

Joel Zhou
jyzhou@ucsd.edu

tim.whiting@ukbla71.zeneca.com (Tim Whiting) sent the following
comments:

Genotyping for Factor V Leiden is already being offered by
laboratories in Europe and the US. I'm interested in hearing
views on how this trend will develop in the future, prefered
methods of performing the test and what would be the method
and format requirement you would want to perform
routine screening for this mutation.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Tim Whiting
Zeneca Diagnostics
Blacklands Way
Abingdon Business Park
Abingdon, Oxon OX14 1DY.

Can you give me any information about the relationship between
genes and cardiovascular diseases?

Thanks

Wowieo@aol.com

REPLY To Dr. Scheuerle (previous CALL)

My textbook, Human Genetics: Concepts and Applications, has a
nice boxed reading on dog and cat mutations, and many anecdotes.
I will have my publisher send you a copy. Tried your e-mail,
message sent back. Ricki Lewis, Ph.D.
76715.3517@compuserve.com

Dr. Arthur A.B. Bergen
Department of Ophthalmogenetics
The Netherlands Ophthalmic Research Institute (IOI)
Royal Academy of Sciences of the Netherlands (KNAW)

** Snail-mail: **           ** FAX: **             ** E-mail: **

P.O.Box 12141               (+31)206916521         A.Bergen@IOI.KNAW.NL
1100 AC  Amsterdam
The Netherlands