  Hans Goerl: PLEASE READ

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: PLEASE READ
From: Hans Goerl <GENETHICS@delphi.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 16:29:41 -0500

In order to maximize the value of HUM-MOLGEN to you and to reduce the
workload on our editors, we ask all subscribers to note (and save) the
following instructions. Unfortunately, since many subscribers won't save it
, this message must be posted periodically.

HUM-MOLGEN--SUMMARY OF INSTRUCTIONS
A: Subscribing and Unsubscribing

You can subscribe to HUM-MOLGEN by sending a "SUBSCRIBE
HUM-MOLGEN" command to LISTSERV@NIC.SURFNET.NL
(or LISTSERV@HEARN.BITNET).

You can unsubscribe from  HUM-MOLGEN at any time by sending a
"UNSUBSCRIBE HUM-MOLGEN" command to LISTSERV@NIC.SURFNET.NL
(or LISTSERV@HEARN.BITNET).

Each of these commands should be sent as the sole information in
a mail message FROM THE EMAIL ADDRESS AT WHICH YOU WISH TO
RECEIVE MAIL.  Similarly, you can only UNSUBSCRIBE from that same
address.  The "subject" line of each message may be left blank.

Please note that the only way to change your e-mail mailing address is to
first UNSUBSCRIBE from your old address and then SUBSCRIBE from your new
address

B. TOPICS.
Topics is  a unique feature of HUM-MOLGEN which allows subscribers to choose
the types of messages they receive.

You can choose TOPICS to receive by sending a message containing
the command:

SET HUM-MOLGEN TOPICS: xxxx to the address LISTSERV@NIC.SURFNET.NL (not to
HUM-MOLGEN itself). "xxxx" is a list of the topics you wish to receive, such
as BIOT COMP ANNO etc.  If you want to "switch off" a TOPIC, use a

minus sign in the message, eg : -BIOT etc

If you are familiar with the World Wide Web then you may wish to
visit our homepage, which provides many useful links, documents
and resources.  The URL is:

        http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/index.html

Thank you for your attention to these matters

The HUM-MOLGEN editors-Arthur Bergen, Frank Zollman, Carlo Gambacorti, Hans
Goerl, and Robert Resta.