  Jurg Ott: COMP: DNA software use

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: COMP: DNA software use
From: Jurg Ott <ott@linkage.cpmc.columbia.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 10:12:41 -0400

From: David CHANDLER <dchandle@SCORPION.COWAN.EDU.AU>

> I am writing an article for The Scientist reviewing DNA sequencing software an
> other products to help with the informational aspects of genetic research. I'm
> looking for comments from "satisfied customers" -- those of you who've used
> certain products that have saved you time or allowed you to do something you
> couldn't do manually. I am particular interested in products from Cherwell
> Scientific, GCG, DNASTAR, BioImage, GeneJockey, Hitachi, InforMax.
>
> Please write me a few lines describing your experiences. I also need generic
> comments about the types of information genetic research involves. Thanks so
> much! Ricki Lewis  76715.3517@compuserve.com

We have been using Cherwell Scientific's CYRILLIC pedigree drawer  for a couple
of years, the old version was a bit limited but the version 2 is a very useful n
ot onlt for pedigree graphics but also to collate data for input into LINKAGE. T
here a couple of bugs but the suppoet people are fast and polite which tends to
make all the difference.

regards

Dave Chandler
Dept. Human Biology