  Frank S. Zollmann: LITE: Human Molecular Genetics 5:8, 5:9

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: LITE: Human Molecular Genetics 5:8, 5:9
From: "Frank S. Zollmann" <Frank.Zollmann@rz.uni-rostock.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 08:53:05 +0200

NOTES:

1. Tables of contents for Human Molecular Genetics from
May 1995 to the latest issue can be found on the
HUM-MOLGEN web site at:-

http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/journals/HMG/

2.     Abstracts for the papers listed below will shortly be
        available at the Oxford University Press World Wide
        Web site. Simply go to the Human Molecular Genetics home
        page at:-

http://www.oup.co.uk/hmg/

        and click on "Contents and Abstracts of Current
        Issues"

Human Molecular Genetics - ISSN 1964-6906
Volume 5, No 8
August 1996
Executive Editors:-
K E Davies, Oxford, UK
Huntington F Willard, Cleveland, OH, USA
CONTENTS

ARTICLES

The fragile X mental retardation protein is a ribonucleoprotein
containing both nuclear localization and nuclear export signals
        D E Eberhart, H E Malter, Y Feng and S T Warren
P. 1083

Subcellular localization of the Huntington's disease gene product in
cell lines by immunofluorescence and biochemical subcellular
fractionation
        K E De Rooij, J C Dorsman, M A Smoor, J T Den Dunnen
        and G-J B Van Ommen
P. 1093

Chromosome 11p15.5 regional imprinting: comparative analysis of
KIP2 and H19 in human tissues and Wilms' tumors
        W-Y Chung, L Yuan, L Feng, T Hensle and B Tycko
P. 1101

REPORTS

The Kallmann syndrome gene product expressed in COS cells is
cleaved on the cell surface to yield a diffusible component
        E I Rugarli, C Ghezzi, V Valsecchi and A Ballabio
P. 1109

Further evidence for an imprinted gene for neonatal diabetes localised
to chromosome 6q22-q23
        I K Temple, R J Gardner, D O Robinson, M S Kibirige, A W
        Ferguson, J D Baum, J C K Barber, R S James and J P H
        Shield
P. 1117

Biallelic expression of the IGF2 gene in human breast disease
        A H McCann, N Miller, A O'Meara, I Pedersen, K Keogh, T
        Gorey and P A Dervan
P. 1123

Association between atopic asthma and a coding variant of
Fc[EPSILON]RI[BETA] in a Japanese population
        T Shirakawa, X-Q Mao, S Sasaki, T Enomoto, M Kawai, K
        Morimoto and J Hopkin
P. 1129

A fine-scale comparison of the human and chimpanzee genomes:
linkage, linkage disequilibrium, and sequence analysis
        B Crouau-Roy, S Service, M Slatkin and N. Freimer
P. 1131

Ott, a mouse X-linked multigene family expressed specifically during
meiosis
        S M Kerr, M H Taggart, M Lee and H J Cooke
P. 1139

Differential expression of dystrophin isoforms in strains of mdx mice
with different mutations
        W B Im, S F Phelps, E H Copen, E G Adams, J L Slightom
        and J S Chamberlain
P. 1149

Mouse/human sequence divergence in a region with a paternal-
specific methylation imprint at the human H19 locus
        Y Jinno, K Sengoku, M Nakao, K Tamate, T Miyamoto, T
        Matsuzuka, J S Sutcliffe, T Anan, N Takuma, K Nisiwaki, Y
        Ikeda, T Ishimaru, M Ishikawa and N Niikawa
P. 1155

Chromosomal stabilisation by a subtelomeric rearrangement
involving two closely related Alu elements
        J Flint, J Rochette, C F Craddock, C Dode, B Vignes, S W
        Horsley, L Kearney, V J Buckle, H Ayyub and D R Higgs
P. 1163

Human Usher 1B/mouse shaker-1: the retinal phenotype discrepancy
explained by the presence/absence of myosin VIIA in the
photoreceptor cells
        A El-Amraoui, I Sahly, S Picaud, J Sahel, M Abitbol and C
        Petit
P. 1171

Identification of a novel sarcoglycan gene at 5q33 encoding a
sarcolemmal 35 kDa glycoprotein
        V Nigro, G Piluso, A Belsito, L Politano, A A Puca,
        S Papparella, E Rossi, G Viglietto, M G Esposito, C
        Abbondanza, N Medici, A M Molinari, G Nigro and G A
        Puca
P. 1179

LINKAGE REPORTS

Identification of a new locus for autosomal dominant non-syndromic
hearing impairment (DFNA7) in a large Norwegian family
        T Fagerheim, O Nilssen, P Raeymaekers, V Brox, T Moum,
        H H Elverland, E Teig, H H Omland, G K Fostad and L
        Tranebjaerg
P. 1187

A ninth locus (RP18) for autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosa
maps in the pericentromeric region of chromosome 1
        S Y Xu, M Schwartz, T Rosenberg and A Gal
P. 1193

A second locus (GLC3B) for primary congenital glaucoma
(Buphthalmus) maps to the 1p36 region
        A N Akarsu, M E Turacli, S G Aktan, M Barsoum-Homsy, L
        Chevrette, B S Sayli and M Sarfarazi
P. 1199

Human Molecular Genetics - ISSN 1964-6906
Volume 5, No 9
September 1996
Executive Editors:-
K E Davies, Oxford, UK
Huntington F Willard, Cleveland, OH, USA
CONTENTS

ARTICLES

Evolutionary conservation of sequence and expression of the
bHLH protein Atonal suggests a conserved role in neurogenesis
        N Ben-Arie, A E McCall, S Berkman, G Eichele, H J
        Bellen and H Y Zoghbi
P. 1207

New mutations in acetylcholine receptor subunit genes reveal
heterogeneity in the slow-channel congenital myasthenic
syndrome
        A G Engel, K Ohno, M Milone, H-L Wang, S Nakano, C
        Bouzat, J N Pruitt II, D O Hutchinson, J M Brengman, N
        Bren, J P Sieb and S M Sine
P. 1217

Identification of a hot spot for microdeletions in patients with X-
linked deafness type 3 (DFN3) 900 kb proximal to the DFN3
gene POU3F4
        Y J M de Kok, E R Vossenaar, C W R J Cremers, N
        Dahl, J Laporte, L J Hu, D Lacombe, N Fischel-
        Ghodsian, R A Friedman, L S Parnes, P Thorpe, M
        Bitner-Glindzicz, H-J Pander, H Heilbronner, J
        Graveline, J T den Dunnen, H G Brunner, H-H Ropers
        and F P M Cremers
P. 1229

REPORTS

In vitro expression analysis shows that the secretory form of
gelsolin is the sole source of amyloid in gelsolin-related
amyloidosis
        H Kangas, T Paunio, N Kalkkinen, A Jalanko and L
        Peltonen
P. 1237

Microsatellite instability and mutation analysis of hMSH2 and
hMLH1 in patients with sporadic, familial and hereditary
colorectal cancer
        G Moslein, D J Tester, N M Lindor, R Honchel, J M
        Cunningham, A J French, K C Halling, M Schwab, P
        Goretzki and S N Thibodeau
P. 1245

Founder effect in spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy (SBMA)
        F Tanaka, M Doyu, Y Ito, M Matsumoto, T Mitsuma, K
        Abe, M Aoki, Y Itoyama, K H Fischbeck and G Sobue
P. 1253

Cloning and expression analyses of mouse dystroglycan gene:
specific expression in maternal decidua at the peri-implantation
        S Yotsumoto, H Fujiwara, J H Horton, T A Mosby, X
        Wang, Y Cui and M S H Ko
stage
P. 1259

A 27 bp deletion of the anti-Mullerian type I receptor gene is the
most common cause of the persistent Mullerian duct syndrome
        S Imbeaud, C Belville, L Messika-Zeitoun, R Rey, N di
        Clemente, N Josso and J-Y Picard
P. 1269

Breakpoint diversity illustrates distinct mechanisms for
Robertsonian translocation formation
        S L Page, J-C Shin, J-Y Han, K H A Choo and L G Shaffer
P. 1279

Human, canine and murine BRCA1 genes: sequence comparison
among species
        C I Szabo, L A Wagner, L V Francisco, J C Roach, R
        Argonza, M-C King and E A Ostrander
P. 1289

Reduced levels of dystrophin associated proteins in the brains of
mice deficient for Dp71
        D S Greenberg, Y Schatz, Z Levy, P Pizzo, D Yaffe and
        U Nudel
P. 1299

A human homologue of Drosophila minibrain (MNB) is
expressed in the neuronal regions affected in Down syndrome
and maps to the critical region
        J Guimera, C Casas, C Pucharcos, A Solans, A
        Domenech, A M Planas, J Ashley, M Lovett, X Estivill
        and M A Pritchard
P. 1305

Spinocerebellar ataxia type-1 and spinobulbar muscular atrophy
gene products interact with glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate
dehydrogenase
        B Koshy, T Matilla, E N Burright, D E Merry, K H
        Fischbeck, H T Orr and H Y Zoghbi
P. 1311

KVLQT1 mutations in three families with familial or sporadic
long QT syndrome
        M W Russell, M Dick II, F S Collins and L C Brody
P. 1319

Genetic variation at a splicing branch point in intron 9 of the low
density lipoprotein (LDL)-receptor gene: a rare mutation that
disrupts mRNA splicing in a patient with familial
hypercholesterolaemia and a common polymorphism
        J C Webb, D D Patel, C C Shoulders, B L Knight and A
        K Soutar
P. 1325

The t(X;1)(p11.2;q21.2) translocation in papillary renal cell
carcinoma fuses a novel gene PRCC to the TFE3 transcription
factor gene
        S K Sidhar, J Clark, S Gill, R Hamoudi, A J Crew, R
        Gwilliam, M Ross, W M Linehan, S Birdsall, J Shipley
        and C S Cooper
P. 1333

A family with Stickler syndrome type 2 has a mutation in the
COL 11A1 gene resulting in the substitution of glycine 97 by
valine in a1(XI) collagen
        A J Richards, J R W Yates, R Williams, S J Payne, F M
        Pope, J D Scott and M P Snead
P. 1339

Role of late replication timing in the silencing of X-linked genes
        R Scott Hansen, T K Canfield, A D Fjeld and S M
        Gartler
P. 1345

The mouse Smcx gene exhibits developmental and tissue
specific variation in degree of escape from X inactivation
        S Sheardown, D Norris, A Fisher and N Brockdorff
P. 1355

Tissue and lineage-specific variation in inactive X chromosome
expression of the murine Smcx gene
        L Carrel, P A Hunt and H F Willard
P. 1361

LINKAGE REPORTS

Localization of a gene for Mobius syndrome to chromosome 3q
by linkage analysis in a Dutch family
        H Kremer, L P Kuyt, B van den Helm, M van Reen, J A
        M Leunissen, B C J Hamel, C Jansen, E C M Mariman,
        R R Frants and G W Padberg
P. 1367

Autosomal dominant Charcot-Marie-Tooth axonal neuropathy
mapped on chromosome 7p (CMT2D)
        V Ionasescu, C Searby, V C Sheffield, T Roklina, D
        Nishimura and R Ionasescu
P. 1373

Linkage of scapuloperoneal spinal muscular atrophy to
chromosome 12q24.1-q24.31
        K Isozumi, R DeLong, J Kaplan, H-X Deng, Z Iqbal, W-
        Y Hung, K C Wilhelmsen, A Hentati, M A Pericak-
        Vance and T Siddique
P. 1377

A novel locus for non-syndromic sensorineural deafness (DFN6)
maps to chromosome Xp22
        I del Castillo, M Villamar, M Sarduy, L Romero, C
        Herraiz, F J Hernandez, M Rodriguez, I Borras, A
        Montero, J Bellon, M C Tapia and F Moreno
P. 1383

Human Molecular Genetics is a monthly journal of original
peer-reviewed research, published by Oxford University Press.
In addition to the regular monthly issues, a special review issue,
reviewing important developments in the field, is published each
year.

The papers listed above will appear in the August 1996 / September 1996 issues.

If you would like further
details about Human Molecular Genetics, including details of
subscription rates, please contact:-

Richard Gedye
Oxford University Press
Walton Street
Oxford  OX2 6DP
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 1865 267785
Fax: +44 1865 267782
E-Mail: gedyer@oup.co.uk

Copyright in the table of contents listed above is held by
Oxford University Press, but you are welcome to circulate
them further, provided that Oxford University Press is
credited as publisher and copyright holder.

  |   HUM-MOLGEN  -  Internet Communication Forum in Human Genetics    |
  |   E-mail:   HUM-MOLGEN@nic.surfnet.nl                              |
  |   WWW:      http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/       |
  |   Phone:    020-566 4598 (The Netherlands),  (206) 386-2101 (USA)  |
  |   Fax:      020-691 6521 (The Netherlands),  (206) 386-2555 (USA)  |