  Bergen (ioi): CALL: various (June 1996)

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: CALL: various (June 1996)
From: "Bergen (ioi)" <A.A.Bergen@AMC.UVA.NL>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 15:38:30 +0200

New CALLs!

Arthur Bergen

>From i.cantore@MEMEX.ITFri Jul 12 15:06:46 1996

I have readed yesterday that the chimpazee genome is the 98,6% of the human
genome, it is a new, or only now perfectly known, well, what do you think
about that, and in particular, what there is in the last 1,4% of genome with
more importance?
thanks.

-----------------------------
Name: Italo Cantore
Address: Via degli Oleandri,9
         85100 Potenza  ITALY
Tel: +39 971 55119
Fax: +39 971 55219
Email: i.cantore@memex.it

From: "Prof Dr Jai Rup Singh, Coordinator," <uucp@GNDU.ERNET.IN>

This message was  originally submitted by uucp@GNDU.ERNET.IN  to the HUM-MOLGEN
list at NIC.SURFNET.NL.

SUBJECT: 4th International Symposium on Genetics, Health &
               Disease, December 1-4, 1988

Dear Colleagues,

        4th International Symposium on Genetics, Health & Disease is
scheduled for December 1-4, 1998. Suggestions are invited for symposium
theme and holding of the satellite symposia.

        Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

Prof Dr Jai Rup Singh
Co-ordinator
Centre for Genetic Disorders
Guru Nanak Dev University
Amritsar, India
E-Mail: cgd@gndu.ernet.in
Fax: +91-183-258863 & 258820

From: Raymond Clarke <R.clarke@UNSW.EDU.AU>

R.clarke@unsw.edu.au (Raymond Clarke) sent the following comments:

Clinical radiosensitivity is the subject of our present international study
at The St George Hospital in Sydney Australia. We are seeking interested parties
to collaborate and supply patient blood or LCLs. I will be in the US and Europe
in Sept-Oct this year when I could also collect samples.
Server protocol: HTTP/1.0
Remote host:
Remote IP address: 129.94.50.56

From: Martin Scheer <mscheer@AIXTERM1.URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE>

mscheer@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de (Martin Scheer) sent the following comments:

I am conducting a study about the genetics of non-syndromic-deafness
and I would like to know if it is possible to get the abstacts of the
following articles of the June 1996 (Volume 5, No 6)issue of the Human
molecular genetics:

A gene for a dominant form of non-syndromic sensorineural deafness (DFNA11)
maps within the region containing the DFNB2 recessive deafness gene
Yuya Tamagawa, Ken Kitamura, Takashi Ishida, Kazuhiro Ishikawa, Hajime
Tanaka, Shoji Tsuji and Masatoyo Nishizawa
P.849

A gene for autosomal dominant late-onset progressive non- syndromic hearing
loss, DFNA10, maps to chromosome 6
Marsha E. O'Neill, Jacquie Marietta, Darryl Nishimura, Sigrid Wayne, Guy
Van Camp, Lut Van Laer, Clelia Negrini, Edward R. Wilcox, Achih Chen,
Kunihiro Fukushima, Li Ni, Val C. Sheffield and Richard J.H. Smith
P. 853
My e-mail adress: mscheer@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
If I could find them anywhere, please send my the adress.

Thank you very much

Martin Scheer
Server protocol: HTTP/1.0
Remote host: modem.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Remote IP address: 129.206.100.193
>From g.swanson@ELSEVIER.CO.UKFri Jul 12 15:09:07 1996
Subject: Response to query on impact

Citation Reports(r) Impact Factors are not available electronically.  They are
published annually in paper and microfiche formats by the Institute of
Scientific Information, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
However, some labs and individuals keep selective lists of the IFs of their
favourite and pertinent journals.  One such site is:
http://avocado.pc.helsinki.fi:81/128.214.75.66/impact/
Alternatively, try searching using "Impact Factor" as the search phrase.

Gavin Swanson
Trends in Neurosciences
68 Hills Road
Cambridge
UK  CB2 1LA

From: Hugh Griffin <hugh.griffin@BBSRC.AC.UK>
Subject: news: PCR Jump Station

hugh.griffin@bbsrc.ac.uk (Hugh Griffin) sent the following comments:

Dear Colleague,
May I draw your attention to a new World Wide Site entitled the PCR JUMP STATION: The ultimate site for information and links on the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR).
The URL is http://www.apollo.co.uk/a/pcr/
This important new Jump Station was developed in response to requests from a number of scientists (see Nature Biotechnology 1996, Vol 14, page 517). The PCR Jump Station is intended to fulfill the need for a web site containing links to accurate and up-to
-date information on PCR theory, protocols, relevant computer software, PCR applications, tools, and references. The site will be of interest to many biologists, scientists, and medics. Particular relevance to molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, bi
ochemistry, biotechnology, diagnostics, forensic science, and DNA fingerprinting.
If you know of any links that should be added please email hugh.griffin@bbsrc.ac.uk
Many thanks
Hugh
Server protocol: HTTP/1.0