  Bergen (ioi): CALL: various

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: CALL: various
From: "Bergen (ioi)" <A.A.Bergen@AMC.UVA.NL>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 16:49:47 +0100

Note from the owner:

A large number of new CALLs from students, scientists and clinicians!!

I received some 'signals' from established organisations and 'physical
networks' who show some uneasiness with the growth of HUM-MOLGEN (now far
over 3000 subscribers), so:
Please note that HUM-MOLGEN is an independent digital network, a spontaneous
digital gathering of thousands of (mainly) scientists, clinicans and
companies interested in Genetics and molecular biology. Instead of
generating information, HUM-MOLGEN mostly and primarily facilitates
direct and almost instanteneous information-exchange of communication
provided by subscribers, with low level editor-ship.
HUM-MOLGEN is not formally associated with any physical organisation.

Arthur Bergen

Subj:   CALL: Impact of genetics on insurance
Subject: CALL: Impact of genetics on insurance

abrmar15@uctvms.uct.ac.za (Marc Abrahams) sent the following comments:

I am an student iI am an Actuarial student at the University
of Cape Town, South Africa, doing background
research analyzing the probable effects of genetic advances in insurance.
Consequently, I would be most grateful for references to appropriate
literature. I would also be very happy to liase with any other
persons with a similar interest.

Many thanks
Marc Abrahams
Server protocol: HTTP/1.0
Remote host: slipper119224.iafrica.com
Remote IP address: 196.7.119.224

Subj:   Dyslexia

From: Patricia Evans <PREVANS@DELPHI.COM>
Subject: Dyslexia

This message was  originally submitted by PREVANS@DELPHI.COM  to the HUM-MOLGEN

I am a biology student
researching the genetic basis of dyslexia.  So far I have found little
and conflicting information.  I am wondering if anyone has information
to share with me on this subject.
( I have already looked on MEDLINE
and read several abstracts but have not been able to get the journals yet).
any help is appreciated

Thanks for your help
Molly
Subj:   CALL: VON HIPPEL-LINDAU DISEASE

Can any one please let me have the latest reference on the gene for
Von Hippel-Lindau Disease?
The last reference I have is in Science 260 : 1993; 28 May Page 1317-
1320.
Many thanks
Jacquie Greenberg PhD
Department of Human Genetics
UCT Medical School
South Africa
Email jg@anat.uct.ac.za

Hi everybody and happy new year,
I am gretuate student and studing Genetics.My thesis is about FVIII gene.
I would very happy if can share my experiance to other experts.
thanks
Mohammad Tahmaseb
tahmaseb@saba.tmu.ac.ir

>From rzimmer@KERCKHOFF.bitnetTue Jan 16 16:15:58 1996
Dear colleagues,

to study the expression of cell-adhesion molecules in a porcine model of myocardial ischemia I need probes for genes like PECAM, VECAM, ICAM etc.
If you are willing to share your probes with me, please contact me.

Thank you very much

Renh Zimmermann, PhD

Server protocol: HTTP/1.0
Remote host:
Remote IP address: 194.94.244.164

>From VOGT@NOVSRV1.PIO1.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DETue Jan 16 16:16:44 1996

Dear Folks

> I don't find in your WWW server any announcement of the EUROPEAN
> CONGRESS of HUMAN GENETICS which will be held in LONDON 11.-13 April.
> I would be very interested to get an application form for it.
>  Can you help me ?
>
> Yours sincerely
> Peter Vogt
>

> Dr. rer. nat. habil. Peter H. Vogt
> Section Molecular Human Genetics
> Institute Human Genetics & Anthropology
> Unuversity Heidelberg
> Im Neuenheimer Feld 328
> D-69120 Heidelberg
> Germany
> FAX: (6221) 565332
> Phone: (6221) 563924
> main interests: @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
>                 genetic aspects of spermatogenesis
>                 human male infertility and ICSI
>                 Y genes involved in spermatogenesis (AZF loci)
>                 @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @

Dr. rer. nat. habil. Peter H. Vogt
Section Molecular Human Genetics
Institute Human Genetics & Anthropology
Unuversity Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld 328
D-69120 Heidelberg
Germany
FAX: (6221) 565332
Phone: (6221) 563924
main interests: @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
                genetic aspects of spermatogenesis
                human male infertility and ICSI
                Y genes involved in spermatogenesis (AZF loci)
                @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
>From s.regenass@VIOLLIER.CHTue

This  message  was  originally   submitted  by  s.regenass@VIOLLIER.CH  to  the
HUM-MOLGEN list at  NIC.SURFNET.NL.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

please send a program and application form (hope this is the correct address).
Thank you,

S. Regenass
Stephan Regenass
Institut Dr. Viollier, Spalenberg 147, CH-4002 Basel, Switzerland
FAX (061) 482 02 35 (from US, dial 011 41 61 482 02 35)

From: "dr. Indrayana N.S" <indranet@SERVER.INDO.NET.ID>

indranet@server.indo.net.id (dr. Indrayana N.S) sent the following comments:

Dear coll.
I've problem in getting full papers for my research about G6PD
1. A new mutation responsible for severe G6PD deficiency in two ethnic Chinese with different clinical presentations:
determination by direct PCR sequencing technique.
by: Zuo L; Chen EY; Chang C; Du CS; Liu TZ; Chiu DT
Source: Int. J. Hematol 55: 39-44 (1992)

2. Molecular study of eight Japanese cases of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency by nonradioisotopic single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis
by: Hirono A; Miwa S; Fujii H; Ishida F; Yamada K; Kubota K
Source: Blood 83: 3363-8 (1994)

I appreciate and thanks for sending me the full article.
Yours,
Indrayana N.S; Airlangga School of Medicine Surabaya Indonesia
FAX: 62 31 5322472
Server protocol: HTTP/1.0
Remote host: server.indo.net.id
Remote IP address: 192.215.248.194

>From schultz@RYBURN.SWMED.EDUTue Jan 16 16:18:42 1996

To the Human Genetics Community;

I am writing in search of collaborators who can provide clinical materials
from Roberts syndrome patients.  This devastating disorder offers some
fascinating cellular phenotypes.  Identifying the primary defect could help
further define relationships between chromatin structure, chromosome
segregation, mutagen sensitivity, and position-effect variegation in humans.
Cell lines will be used to further define the genetics of this disorder.
Other materials will be used to evaluate mutations once the gene is
identified.  Thanks in advance for your interest.

Director of the Resource Unit, UTSW GESTEC
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75235-8591
(214) 648-1681 Tel
(214) 648-1666 Fax
schultz@ryburn.swmed.edu

DRSU@bio.tamu.edu (Deborah R. Su) sent the following comments:

Dear Sirs:

I am a Masters Student at Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
U.S.A.  My Masters Thesis concerns a statistical review of the various
methodologies utilized in the distinction and defining of human chromosomal
fragile sites.

If anyone has information concerning the 'statistics' involved in
identifying what is a fragile site and how different scientists vary
from one another in their methods, I would really appreciate a citation
or brief abstract or an online location to contact and search for more
information.

Sincerely,
Deborah R. Su
email: DRSU@BIO.TAMU.edu

Please...
Send replies to lizzy@wwg3.UOVS.ac.za

This literature is needed for seminars for Post Grad students.
(Most overseas magazines, journals etc. are very expensive in South
Africa)

 Topics:
Are Humans Still Speciating?
DNA extraction from Cycads.
How to use Molecular Techniques to do Genome Mapping.

Thank You very much.

Helizna Kilian
Dept. of Botany and Genetics UOFS
South Africa