  Carlo Gambacorti: DIAG: 3 messages (Leigh dis/D3 recept.gene-schizophrenia/h-m mutant gens)

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: DIAG: 3 messages (Leigh dis/D3 recept.gene-schizophrenia/h-m mutant gens)
From: Carlo Gambacorti <GAMBACORTI@icil64.cilea.it>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 16:49:59 MET-DST

           HUM-MOLGEN  DIAGnostics/Clinical Research

This DIAG message contains 3 submessage(s):

1)      Prenatal Dx of Leigh Disease, availability of tests

2)      Mouse mutants & human genes

3)      dopamine D3 receptor gene (DRD3)/schizophrenia

  Carlo Gambacorti MD, Editor,
  Human Molecular Genetics network
  Diagnostics/Clinical Research Section

Is anyone aware of a laboratory (preferably in the US) which will
do
prenatal testing for Leigh disease? Patient is currently 6 weeks
pregnant
and has an affected child. Biochemical testing on the child is
pending,
so I don't yet which type of Leigh disease he has.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Robert Resta
Swedish Medical Center
Seattle WA