  Arthur Bergen: HUM-MOLGEN statistics; european concerted actions

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: HUM-MOLGEN statistics; european concerted actions
From: Arthur Bergen <bergen@AMC.UVA.NL>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 12:42:13 +0100

Note from the owner:

HUM-MOLGEN has now, in terms of size, reached the top 50 of
communication-forums on the internet (***see below for numbers, countries
etc).
Therefore, our and your actions are followed very closely by a large number
of colleagues, institutions, biotech and clinical companies as well as
publishers. Thus, please take some time and send high-quality messages only,
since these reflects your 'internet-personality'.

We are planing new developments. One of these is to provide the
opportunity to the succesful European Concerted Actions to maintain (by
themselves) a WWW-page on the HUM-MOLGEN WWW, for communication purposes,
for digital presentation, and some latest results of the action. The EU-action
'Nucleic Acid Recognition' is among the first to be presented. If you have
an interest for this please contact me at the E-mail adress below. Since
HUM-MOLGEN is a truly ***international*** forum we strive to provide this
service also for similar large collaborating groups in the near future.

If you enjoy HUM-MOLGEN, please invite your colleagues to join us.
While the internet is turning more and more commercial, and money for public
services is going down, HUM-MOLGEN intends to remain an innovative,
primarily academic, and free internet communication forum.

Have a nice day,

Arthur Bergen
(Bergen@amc.uva.nl)