  Arthur Bergen: BIOT: PCR genotyping

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: BIOT: PCR genotyping
From: Arthur Bergen <bergen@AMC.UVA.NL>
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 11:37:33 +0100

Note from the editors:

This BIOT message contains one submessage:

1) technical info concerning PCR genotyping wanted

The BIOT TOPIC of HUM-MOLGEN is open for FREE communication concerning
topics of interest of molecular biologist en geneticists. Communication
includes: new techniques, products, etc. help and advice wanted for
technical protocols or methods, finding and offering of funds, etc.
Unlike other sections on HUM-MOLGEN, commercial mesasages, although
strictly regulated, are allowed on the BIOT TOPIC.

The BIOT editors

Martin Kennedy
Arthur Bergen

This  message  was  originally   submitted  by  mcbtayhn@LEONIS.NUS.SG  to  the
HUM-MOLGEN list at  NIC.SURFNET.NL

Hi
I'm interested in doing PCR genotyping and would like some advice. I've
previously done PCR genotyping of dinucleotide repeats using 32P endlabeled
primers which worked well but I'd like to explore non-radioactive methods.
Ag staining has been suggested and I'd be grateful for any useful tips on
this.
Also, I used to size the alleles using a sequencing ladder but I wonder if
there's any other way. The PCR product I'm expecting would be abt 250 bp
with 2bp differences between alleles.
Thanks
Agnes