  Carlo Gambacorti: DIAG: markers, chromosome 4, focal dermal hypoplasia

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: DIAG: markers, chromosome 4, focal dermal hypoplasia
From: Carlo Gambacorti <GAMBACORTI@icil64.cilea.it>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 09:49:42 MET-DST

           HUM-MOLGEN  DIAGnostics/Clinical Research

This DIAG message contains 3 submessage(s):

1)   primer sequences

2)   human chromosome 4 (patients carrying chromosome 4 aberrations)

3)   reply to: focal dermal hypoplasia cell line + req. for the line

  Carlo Gambacorti MD, Editor,
  Human Molecular Genetics network
  Diagnostics/Clinical Research Section

Dear collegues,
i need to know the primer sequences and the
amplified product sizes for loci:
D2S384, D2S333, D3S1611, D3S1619

                Thanks  in advance & best regards

                        Alberto Cominelli
     comi@CRS4.IT

My group is currently involved in mapping human chromosome 4. I'm
looking for any available cell lines from patients carrying
chromosome 4 aberrations. Patients should be clinically well defined.
Also, cDNAs mapping to chromosome 4 are highly warranted to pull out
cosmid clones from a gridded flow sorted library. These cosmids will
be used to characterize above mentioned patients. Cosmids will also
be send to the cDNA providing group to accelerate their studies.
Thanks for the help.
Olaf Riess, MD
Human Molecular Genetics
Ruhr-University
44780 Bochum
Germany
phone: (+49) 234 700 3831
fax: (+49) 234 709 4196
email: riessoby@rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de

Dear Dr. Gambacorti,
        I would be extremely interested in the cell line, and have
collected several others to search for microdeletions and perform
X-inactivqtaion assays.  We just submitted a manuscript on this, and an
abstract for the ASHG meeting.  Do you kow if the biopsy was taken from
lesional or normal skin?  Is there any possibility of also obtaining blood
for DNA and/or an LBL cell line as well as blood samples?  I look forward
to your response.  Rhonda Schnur, M.D. (please email me at the above
address since my email has not been hooked up as of yet).  Thanks.

REGGIE HARVEY
Administrative Assistant to
Beverly S. Emanuel, Ph.D.

The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia