NEW Human Genome Education Kit
This FREE kit, developed by the National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, will be sent to a national mailing list of teachers when available (early 2001), but to assure you are on the mailing list, you can fill out the online order form, www.nhgri.nih.gov/educationkit.
Description: A limited edition multimedia educational tool on genomics and genetics, designed for high school students, teachers, and the general public will be available in the next few months. The kit's entire components will be listed on the NIH site when the package is released. Once available, the CDROM (and future updates) can be downloaded from the NHGRI site. The materials are NOT be copyrighted and are freely available for duplication and distribution. Please feel free to share this information with your colleagues.
The kit includes:
1) A Multimedia interactive CD-ROM
- 3-D animation of molecules and cells
- Comprehensive interactive timeline of genetics
- Classroom activities on genome sequencing, genetic variation, ethical and societal issues - New edition of talking glossary of genetic terms (available online now at http://www.nhgri.nih.gov/DIR/VIP/Glossary/)
2) A 15 minute video documentary- "The Secret of Our Lives"
3) An informational Brochure-"Genetics: The Future of Medicine"
4) Commemorative wall poster
Note: US Orders Only
Produced by National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health
With co-sponsorship by
- Office of Health and Environmental Research, U.S. Department of Energy
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
- American Society of Human Genetics (planning to recruit mentors to be available to teachers and classrooms)