ISBN: 3-527-30807-5 - Hardcover - 452 pages
March 2004 - US $165.00
The first book to provide an overview over applications of proteomics in the discovery of new diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic targets. Examples of applications are presented for the most important diseases like heart and cardiovascular disorders, cancer, infectious diseases and diseases of the nervous system. Aspects of pharmatoxicology as well as bioinformatics are also included.
Table of Contents
Introduction (D. Hochstrasser, et al.).
PART I: ASPECTS OF BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH.
1. Proteomics in Biomedicine—A Tool, a Science or an Art? (M. Reymond).
PART II: BLOOD VESSELS.
2. Antibody-Based Vascular Targeting: Proteomic Techniques for the Identification and Quantitation of Membrane Proteins on Endothelial Cells (S. Scheurer, et al.).
3. Vasculature, Vascular Disease, and Atherosclerosis (E. Gianazza & I. Eberini).
4. Discovery of New Diagnostic Markers of Stroke (L. Allard, et al.).
PART III: CANCER.
5. Unravelling Biological Pathways and the Identification of Clinical Markers and Targets in Renal Cancer (R. Banks & P. Selby).
6. Heat Shock Protein 27 in Cancer (C. Sarto, et al.).
7. Proteomic Approaches for Biomarker Discovery in Colorectal Cancer (R. Simpson & D. Dorow).
8. Clinical Proteomics: Ovarian Cancer (A. Alaiya).
9. Protein Expression Profiling Analysis in Hematopoietic Stem Cells: Phenotypic Characterization of Mesenchymal Stem Cells (J. López, et al.).
10. Lymphoblastoid and Lymphoma Cells (R. Joubert-Caron, et al.).
PART IV: PHARMACO-TOXICOLOGY.
11. Chemoresistance in Cancer Cells (J. Poland, et al.).
12. Diabetes Mellitus: Complex Molecular Alterations (G. Schmid & J. Sanchez).
PART V: INFECTIOUS DISEASES.
13. Proteome Approach to Infectious Diseases: Acute-phase Proteins and Antibody Profiles as Diagnostic Indicators in Human Plasma (L. Bini, et al.).
14. Proteomic Studies of Human Lymphocytes: New Insights Into HIV Lymphocyte Infection? (F. Vuadens, et al.).
15. Modifications of Host-Cell Proteomes Induced by Herpes Virus Type 1 (A. Greco, et al.).
16. Francisella Tularensis (J. Stulík, et al.).
PART VI: CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM.
17. Proteomics in Clinical Neurosciences (P. Burkhard & J. Sanchez).
18. Human Cerebrospinal Fluid (P. Davidsson & M. Harrington).
19. Proteomic Applications for Molecular Assessment of Alzheimer's Disease (O. Carrette, et al.).
PART VII: MASS SPECTROMETRY AND BIOINFORMATICS.
20. MALDI MS Imaging in Biomedical Research (M. Stoeckli & T. Farmer).
21. Protein Variations: Resources and Tools (Y. Yip, et al.).
Bookmark and Share this page (what is this?)
Social bookmarking allows users to save and categorise a personal collection of bookmarks and share them with others. This is different to using your own browser bookmarks which are available using the menus within your web browser.
Use the links below to share this article on the social bookmarking site of your choice.
Read more about social bookmarking at Wikipedia - Social Bookmarking