|Registry of biomedical companies:
  [A] [B] [C] [D] [E] [F] [G] [H] [I] [J] [K] [L] [M] [N] [O] [P] [Q] [R] [S] [T] [U] [V] [W] [X] [Y] [Z] 452 active entries
281 Kercheval Avenue
Grosse Pointe Farms, 48236
United States of America, Michigan
Please notice: This entry hasn't been updated by the submitting company for more than 2 years. It could be possible that this company doesn't longer exists.
SciTech Development LLC: A clinical stage pharmaceutical company has enabled the safe & efficacious anticancer agent, fenretinide, generating the company’s proprietary lead drug compound ST-001 nanoFenretinide which vastly improves fenretinide’s bioavailability while providing oncolytic and immune effects (MOAs) that safely produce apoptosis.
SciTech’s novel, nanoparticle formulation targets a broad range of cancers from lymphomas and lung cancer to prostate, pancreatic, breast, colon and others where historic data suggests they are likely to respond to fenretinide. Fenretinide has been proven to be safe in prior clinical trials involving >3k patients. Accompanying implementation of the company's lead technology will be a variety of productive societal impacts which make an investment or collaboration in this opportunity particularly attractive.
The social and economic impact of the ST-001 nanoFenretinide technology will result from the following:
- 1. Fenretinide simultaneously targets multiple cancer MOAs which gives it a broad therapeutic reach.
- 2. The innate immunological MOA component of fenretinide therapy will be effective without the need for personalizing the treatment.
- 3. The multiple MOA impact of this therapy should raise barriers to tumors evolving or mutating around the treatment thereby reducing the chances of recurrences and metastatic spread.
- 4. Developing one therapeutic approach that is applicable to multiple cancers is more cost effective than designing individualized drugs for specific cancers or even specific subtypes of a given cancer.
- 5. Fenretinide therapy is expected to deliver transformative clinical outcomes with reduced side effects, less patient trauma and less cost.
With strong KOL support, SciTech’s immediate goal is to reaffirm fenretinide’s safety and efficacy in the ST-001 formulation in T-cell lymphoma and small cell lung cancer trials. These are conditions, among others, in which fenretinide has demonstrated a degree of therapeutic value. SciTech has designed and, with FDA assistance, has elaborated a fast-to-market clinical trial program to achieve rapid NDA approval following the Phase 1 T-cell lymphoma trial.
The company will also explore the use of its proprietary enabling SciTech Drug Delivery Vehicle (SDV) technology in concert with other drugs suffering from bioavailability problems via establishing joint development agreements with third parties.
SciTech is seeking funding and strategic partnerships to conduct Phase 1 A & B clinical trials to reconfirm the safety and efficacy of fenretinide in its new nanoFenretinide formulation while confirming the newly identified immune MOA as a further goal of the protocol and also demonstrating partial efficacy in the treatment of at least 2 cancer indications.
The U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has recently accepted SciTech’s Investigational New Drug (IND) Application for ST-001 nanoFenretinide treatment of T-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL). The FDA has designated ST-001 nanoFenretinide Orphan Drug Status.
For investment and partnering opportunities contact Earle Holsapple | +1-313-263-4887 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update of this entry: January 08, 2020